K Dixon

Oct 25, 2002
I ride tight woods on mostly packed sand with some loose rocks, some mud and a fair amount of slipery roots. My current tire was a Kenda trackmaster, it's now missing several nobs, I know... but I bought it because it was cheap. KDX 220 Rev pipe with dual stage reeds and 13/49 gearing. I screem it like a 125 on and off the gas constantly which is probably why I'm missing nobs. Any Recomendations ? Thanks

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
Use the D756 in the front, if you ride in a lot of sand, see if you can get a new D752 thats laying around at a race shop or dealer (I still think that they're the best in the soft stuff). I like the D756's in the rear too, but I'm in western PA and I encounter some rocks and clay every now and then. Several of my racing buddies swear by the Michellin's, and from my limited experience with them, I think they're great. They seem to grab well, even if you cross over to harder stuff for a bit, and they wear slow enough for a trail rider or the occasional racer. I do know one KDX 200 rider that routinely rips off a knob or two on his Michellin's though.
-Nick

VMAN

Oct 1, 2002
I've ran 773's front and rear and had excellent results with them, but Trelleborgs are the best cross trainers out there and are the next best thing on rocks and roots, next to studs.

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
Oh, I ride mine with a finger on the clutch & WOT most of the time too. I have never lost a knob on a D 756 to date (there are several 70-100yrd 3rd gear WOT rocky hillclimbs on a pipeline near one of my practice spots; Clarion, PA).
-Nick

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I prefer Michelins over Dunlops because Dunlops seem to round off much quicker. Michelins seem to hold their edges longer IMHO.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I ride both, S-12 & 773 I've chunked the S-12 on the front. The 773 hooks up great but wear’s a bit quickly.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
So you ride mostly junk terrain like me. I've tried several back tires and the only one that tracked and wore like iron was the maxxis 6001. It is intermedeate, but an enduro/cross country style. Big cupped knobs, lets you get away w/ murder and keeps going. It lists for only about 45 bucks via web.

These other tires are made for track and wear a lot quicker. They don't even grip as well new as a worn 6001. Try it, you won't be sorry.

Chief 

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I've got a maxxcross IT 110/100 hanging on the wall. Can't wait to try it. From my research, it has a good reputation vs. cost. Looks good.

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
Originally posted by Chief
So you ride mostly junk terrain like me. I've tried several back tires and the only one that tracked and wore like iron was the maxxis 6001. It is intermedeate, but an enduro/cross country style. Big cupped knobs, lets you get away w/ murder and keeps going. It lists for only about 45 bucks via web.

These other tires are made for track and wear a lot quicker. They don't even grip as well new as a worn 6001. Try it, you won't be sorry.

Chief 

i agree with you totally .

fxmatt

Mar 22, 2002
On the Michelin S12's what size do you run for the back tire as they are listed a little different than the Dunlop's....... (what compares to the 110/100 18)

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
Where in Ontario do you ride? I mostly ride the 5 points trails
north of Buckhorn Off the 507 Hwy.
Next year I'm going to try the Ganaraska area. Sounds kinda civilized
though. I used Dunlop this year, the Middle one (can't remember
the number) on front and rear. The rocks ripped lots of knobs off
the front but the rear held up really well, I drool over the soft tire
but I know the steep rocky stuff will rip it apart.

K Dixon

Oct 25, 2002
Hey Dogz

I ride the Ganaraska almost exclusivly. Very tight trails to wide open fire roads. I've cut 3" off the bars to fit between the trees better. It gets very dusty in the summer, best after a rain. Every so often we'll ride the Northumberland forest as well, most if it is a fair bit more open though.

Kevin

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
My first trail ride and the S12's did good in the leaves and sand. I really doubt the road time last summer helped any though.:ugg: After these wear I'm looking for a less aggresive tire.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
130/80 S12 is the 110. I've tried tire after tire but keep coming back to the S12 rear. They ALL wear out quickly but the S12 just hooks like no other to me.

Top Bottom