calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
Just got a '04 Expedition with a satellite ready radio. The dealership told me that in order to get satellite, they would have to install a tuner and antenna, at the low price of $325. Does anyone know if Best Buy or Circuit City etc., can do this same thing for cheaper? Or could an audio installation challenged person like me do it?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Let the dealership do it and don't void that warrentee.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Circuit city and almost EVERY stereo place for that matter will hack the crap out of your trucks wiring. DO it yourself or pay bigtime for a custom place to do it well. The dealer might not even do a good job. Wiring is not that hard if you have instructions. Cructhfield should be able to help you out on this one.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
If the radio is satellite ready all you need to do is run one cable from the sat tuner to the radio and run the antenna wire up to the roof. Very simple to do. I ran the antenna wire along the headliner and out through the third brake light. If you ever have a warranty issue you could probably pull it out before taking the vehicle in. It took me about 45 minutes on my F150.

If you have a set of DIN pullers you can yank the radio and check for the connector. If its a Sirius system it should be a 1/2"ish round pin jack on the back.

The hardest part of installing my tuner was figuring out where to put it. Its currently sitting in my glovebox.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It should say Satallite Ready on the front, if it is.
Wut jeff sed.

Top Bottom