whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So who is in this year? Saturday pro race and gone for me, regrettably. If they went around all the jumps, maybe then I would take my 370 up there? The 2 stroke race amid the pro races will be way cool! Dogs are back allowed! No whining about money, I am cashing in my piggy bank for this one! And, I sorely wish to view an entire race, not to mention the lites!!!!! I am compromising my usual position, near Alessi's grave, and am going for the leap first motos and back to the grave for the second. Still figuring on how to not get my butt kicked for wearing #22 is a whiner? Make the dog wear it? She could take anybody!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sadly I'll be sitting this one out Bob.. I'm still on restricted duty.. the hills of southern Michigan are just a little bit more than my leg can take at this point.

I'll be watching from the comfort of my easy chair. At least this race won't require me to do calculations to figure out what time to watch on the interwebs.

Go Ivan!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
One of these years I want to check out Red Bud. Had planned at one point to do the back to back weekends with Red Bud and Millville the way they were scheduled until this year.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We'll be there and I'm sure we'll run into Nikki/Red/Stacy/Donnie. We always end up finding them. I think for the first time in a few years it will just be Phil and myself, no one else going with us. Made the mistake of taking the Father in Law one year...

The 2 stroke race is going to be sweet! Can't wait to see Ricky ride again :) :cool:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
MXGirl230 said:
The 2 stroke race is going to be sweet! Can't wait to see Ricky ride again :) :cool:
Really?
Man, if I knew that sooner I would have made the trip to see that alone!
We've been a few times... are the pits still major-party-city? As in living room furniture, pick up beds full of empty cans, barely clothed ummm... women? Boy, my 12 year old son and his friend sure got an eyeful one year...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I heard that one today also, RC and a few other past champions! The Bud and Millville would be a great week(or 2?) off for sure Doug! And come on buckets of rain. The 450 class would be in for a real hurt, a shoe in for Kdub? My younger son Dave believes he and his lead guitarist, Dan, are going to dress up a beer keg and sneak it in on the infield? They have had women over that size! I am liking this, Dan could be easily swayed into mooning Chadwick in the apple grove, 1 bottle of Henessy stat!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Really?
We've been a few times... are the pits still major-party-city? As in living room furniture, pick up beds full of empty cans, barely clothed ummm... women? Boy, my 12 year old son and his friend sure got an eyeful one year...

YUP :) http://www.racerxonline.com/article/two-strokes-fire-up-at-red-bud.aspx

Yeah the pits are still packed w/barely clothed people, beer cans all over...I think it was last year two guys were out cold and people were um posing w/them for pictures. Just random people would go and take a picture with the guys.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Really?
Pulling and burning the furniture got smashed, for said reason. The nudity was always dealt with, out the gate. Ryan sure got an eyeful, about 11 years old. But the year this seemingly drunk kid was atop an rv with a stripper kinda sealed that deal. I think that was the same year all them porta-johns burned up? I had nothing to do with that one! I also had nothing to do with Walsworths car being torched, and rolled over. The party is no longer in the pits. There is a fenced in over 18 only area, actually the closest lot. The family, quiet lots are the farthest! But they finally are letting dogs back in, as long as they have an air conditioned rv to be kept in? Who has the DRN flag?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I was going, but apparently I get to spend my long holiday weekend cleaning up backflow in my basement. :(

Indy and I will be watching from the comfort of our easy chairs, lol.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Only missed one while I was in Iraq (since I was a kid anyhoo). One of my boys is tight w/A.Richie and is helping her out behind the scenes. My pro buds will hook me up w/a pass and it's my 50 b-day (July 3rd) to boot. The only drag is I can only go Saturday due to a remodel from H%$! that I'm doing on my second story and the elec/mech/plumbing/build inspectors are putting the screws to me!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Joe, I can fix that backflow issue$ I have never done work in Michigan, what the heck Uchytil? My Aunt's b-day is Friday also, fireworks and food in New Lenox, she will be 80! I sure hope I meet some of you at the Bud! It would be better with bikes, but? Fall ride at Ward's, and a retro race at Mendota!

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Bob, you really wearing a "22 is a whiner" shirt? Look for a black GOJU USA (big fist) or a yellow red bud shirt (2004 with LaRocket on the back). Pretty sure NObody else will have these. To make it really interesting I may have a muscle shirt with Maico - gehmacht in deutshland - motocross ist nicht fur muschis. My daughter and her husband are visiting and might go but they don't ride and will probably be low speed/high drag for me ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like a chance Spider and I might be heading down early Sat morning. If we can find a cheap hotel close by we might leave Friday night- Chili what was that fleabag you stayed in by Hammond?

Should know more tomorow night once he figures out his weekend work schedule

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Hammond is full of fleabag hotels Dave! I have 1 vacant room at the moment? It will fit 2. Go to 65 and head south a couple miles to the Comfort Inn in Merrillville, right next to Cracker Barrel, grahhhhhhh blueberry pancakes! And it will put you right in the middle of the construction zone. Bad back ups around rush hours. I take the toll road to 31, the nicest road in Indiana, and scenic! You could take the Chicago Skyway and cut a lot of traffic and time. But, last time I took it, it was like 5 dollars to cross. Indiana's are still cheap, you get a ticket and do not stop/pay till you get off.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man I haven't missed a Red Bud in 12 years.... hope to make it this year, the normal crew won't commit.... I just might end up tagging along with olddude, we'll see! Damn, as much as I will enjoy watching RC race 3 laps on a two-stroke, I so wish he would race just one moto in the 450 class to keep his big fat #4. How freakin sweet would that be.... I can dream, can't I?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Nikki, his #4 is safe until 2011... No hurry... Maybe if he doesn't do well in the truck, he'll come back to race again.. ;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
So, if someone gave you tix for Saturday at Redbud, and couldn't find anyone who could use them.. and you are walking with a cane.. what would you do?

Guess like I have to break down and go. Damnit alll... ;)

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Being the nice guy that I am, I'd be more than willing to take the burden of going to redbud off of your hands :) Have fun and come back with some pics. I'm jealous you went to vegas and now redbud. I live close enough to not have any excuse for not going. I'll get up there one of these days.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
nikki said:
Man I haven't missed a Red Bud in 12 years.... hope to make it this year, the normal crew won't commit.... I just might end up tagging along with olddude, we'll see!

You can tag w/us too Nikki...text me if you end up going. If you end up w/Oldguy text me so we can finally meet him and Spider.

RRREEEDDD BBUUUUUUDDDD!!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Deadohiosky39 said:
Being the nice guy that I am, I'd be more than willing to take the burden of going to redbud off of your hands :) Have fun and come back with some pics. I'm jealous you went to vegas and now redbud. I live close enough to not have any excuse for not going. I'll get up there one of these days.

Yeah, ya slacker.. Get up there..

I'm walking with a cane, and I'm doing it.

I'll be the guy in the Red Honda Racing hat, with a Black 2009 Vegas Super Cross T-Shirt and a black cane.

If any of you see me, try not to knock me down. That crap hurts.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When you heading up Gary? The daily parking is the closest, then the over 18 party lot. Nolaw would have some explaining to do with a cane whack mark across his nose?

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
How much is it to get in there??? I looked on the redbud site and just saw a $35 gate fee. Is it any more to watch? Me and a buddy are trying to head out tomorrow but we are both financially strapped so Im trying to figure out how much its gonna cost. Its like $120 in gas to get there and back in either of our guzzlers. So I was hoping its just the $35 gate fee to get in.

Top Bottom