BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Anything new/different you would like to do?
I would like to see a check off on the registration form. This would give the best guage of the amount of food needed. Payment could be done with registration or at the event like 2K3.
PS, my lodge has put me in charge of the committee to handle our end if DRN wants to continue the SEP.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You dam well bet we are in. That meal ranked right up there with Camp Tejas, Eddie, Brat night, and anything else I could find. The eats at the BBQ were fantastic.
Only thing is bring more and if you have to charge more it was well worth it.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Brian, that event was awesome. Good food and a good cause – how can you go wrong.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Agreeded! It was great to not have to mess with making food and just concentrate on getting ready to pull out early in the morning. I know several folks ended up meatless so charging more/being more strict or portions/making sure people register prior so that there is enough would be my only suggestion. :thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great idea and great food (even though the MI camp may have been the last ones in line)!  It worked very well for us.  We ate and were on the road for home.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My biggest concern was getting a good count to make doubly sure we don't run out of anything. Along the same lines, I don't won't to have a huge amount left over. The bad part about 03 was a miscommunication between Okie and myself. He had the meal listed for six o'clock and it was ready at 4:30.
The after dinner hanging out under the big top was great, it was really what I had imagined. Do you guys think we should be ready just after the races or wait for a specific time? For those that have to hit the road, I am for having ready within 30 mins of the races being concluded. It just helps those people who need to hit the road with a bit of extra time to say "so long's" and such. JMO.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Put me and my son down and maybe we'll actually make it to DW this year!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's a great idea Brian. I was pretty hungry after running around flagging & staging gates all day.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brian: Since I missed the serving line, this might be redundant, but did folks serve themselves or were they served? One way to spread the wealth would be to serve folks. Also, judging by the quality of my plate, you could bump the cost because I darn sure got my money's worth.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The meal was served. We just didn't have a good count. We fell short on the fixin's that were donated by OldMaicoNut. Not his fault, we just didn't have a solid count on folks. In the end, we had 1.5 brisquetts left. They were real good when we ate them at our next meeting.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Brian...
The Pig-Out meal (number of tickets requested) was added to the Registration form. We should have some numbers well in advance this year. We aren't collecting, just giving them the option to list how many meals they are in for. Better get a dinner cost post up soon....

BTW: That food was AWESOME.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Where do you want me to post the dinner cost?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks to OldMaicoNut, the "fixin's" are all set for the BBQ dinner. The Lodge is really looking forward to this event. When the numbers are figured up, Okie, let me know. Do we want to set a specific time for dinner or just have it available 30 mins to an hour after the last MX race?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The slow cooking will begin Weds and Thursday of next week. :aj:

Top Bottom