Saying goodbye to Green, Hello to Orange.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I have spent the last 15 years on KDX's and wouldn't trade the good times I've had on them for anything. However I must move on as I love 2 strokes and there is really only one option for me in that arena. And I have that sitting in my basement right now. A brand new 2008 KTM 300XCWe. Just brought it home yesterday. No ride yet due to a sick 2 1/2 year old who had to go to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Can't wait though. I have ridden a friends 2005 300 and fell in love. I'll still browse this forum from time to time, hard to let old habits die you know.

My 2002 is listed in the for sale forum of this site. If anyone knows of a good home for her, let me know something. She is a good girl and I'm gonna miss her.

Thanks to all for the help I have been given over the years, It's been a great ride. :ride:

Perk

hayes pops

Aug 14, 2008
You will be pleased

The suspension on the 08 w's is awesome. It sorta takes away the trail hammering while you feel like you can really go fast. You can lug that bike down to a single piston stroke and it will just pick up smoothly when you crack the throttle, just like the KDX, and of course hills are no problem. I have owned KTM 300's, 200's, and 250's..all are good but the 08's are a giant leap forward. Interestingly enough, I bought an 06 KDX TODAY to use as a trail/trail cutting bike . I'm 61 and have quit racing this year but my son races the SERA Hare Scramble Series in the south. We belong to the Perry Mt. Motorcycle Club in Alabama and work on trails for events we put on. Most members ride XR's and CRF's for work/trail bikes but I couldn't resist this KDX. Raced one, an '88, for a few years and have to say it is my favorite bike of all time. I have it in my barn, minus the jug, (long story about loaning a bike) and plan to restore it soon.
However, the new bikes, all of them, are better today. You made a great choice..have a blast. Oh, and silicone spray will help keep all that black plastic looking new. It scratches really easy.
Pops

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Long live the 2 stroke. Pops, regarding the silicone spray, I think I'm using that now on the KDX. I've been using a product called Plexus on the plastic and it seems to do wonders for the plastic. Is that what you are referring to? Or I can just walk my lazy arse into my utility room behind me and see what the base of Plexus is. I'll be right back.

Hmmmm, does not say what's in the can. Just Plexus. Working great on the KDX though whatever it is.

Top Bottom