linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
So who is in for a ride this weekend? If we do TNT, I'd like to wait until Sunday to give the Saturday riders a chance to sling some of the mud off of the track.

Ivan and I have been discussing riding at Manchester State Forest one of these times. It is located just north of Sumter, SC and consists primarily of 3 separate OHV trails. One is 9 miles, one is 8 miles, and another is about 1.5 miles. Trails are sandy and usually pretty whooped up. They are fun riding. THere is also a motocross track there but last time I was there the jump faces were worn down to the point where you really couldn't jump them. The track would make for some fun racing though. :thumb:

Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.sctrails.net/Trails/ALLTRAILS/mc_atv/Blue OHV.html

I think daily permits are either $5 or $10 and annual permits are $25. It's probably about 1 1/2 hour drive from TNT.

If we decide on Manchester, I can do either day. :yeehaw:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Manchester is only open on Sunday.

I can do TNT Saturday and possibly Manchester Sunday (either that or I have to pick a day... not sure yet).

Who else is in? I'll make my plans from what the group decides.

Ivan

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Hey guys,
I've never ridden with you guys but I've seen a few of your posts here and on NCHSA. I've only been in Charlotte for about a year. I've rode most of the spots around here and hit some of the NCHSA races. I broke my bike in July and due to new house, yada, yada I just got 'er all back together. I need to break it in and see if I remember how to ride it! I was thinking of hitting TNT Saturday. I haven't been to Sumter but I've heard it was fun-might also be good if it rains in the sand. Do you need a spark arrestor there?
Mark

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I'm in for either/both days at this point. I can let the guys with bosses and other "whipped" situations decide which day/where OR if nobody can decide, I'll be glad to lay down the agenda.

Hey Mark, just look for a bunch of tired guys and that is probably us. I think most of us except Linus are on Honda's (But Linus has Red gear), so if you see a big red pile on the side of the track resting...that's us too.

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
I'm busy both days :(

Where were all yooz guyz last Sunday? Had a blast... well except for the four times I crashed!! Hehehe... girlfriend said I wasn't riding aggresively enough the last time out so dummy me..... I decide to become mister aggresive in the mud!!

I'm okay... thanks for asking DOHHH!!!

The crashes didn't hurt as much as falling down the embankment trying to get out of the way of the guy jumping over my wreckage in the newly filled gully jump as I tried to get my bike out of the four foot deep rut I got stuck in!! Did ya get that?

Have fun everyone......

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Manchester isn't near as fun as TNT, but could be a good alternative in the case of poor weather. I'll plan on TNT for Saturday. I probably won't be there til about noon.

Hope to see you out there MadMark.

James: I resemble..err..resent that whipped comment.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
MadMark...what will you be riding/driving?

We'll be in a Funmover with a YZ250 #410 and an XR50 #24. I'll just be watching / taking pictures. Look for an old, fat guy with a camera.

You might have ridden with Ivan or me...we've done a couple of the NCHSA hare scrambles.

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
I'll be in a white F-150 /01 YZ250 #439. I should be there @ 10. Almost 4 months without riding.....I'm DYING!!!!! I haven't been to TNT since early spring. Any new changes?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Slacker, are you saying that the gully jump has been filled WITH DIRT or was it just temporarily filled with your wreckage?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by MadMark
I haven't been to TNT since early spring. Any new changes?
A TON! In addition to a bunch of stuff on the big track, they also have an intermediate track, now.

As far as changes in the woods, I don't know...I don't go there. I've heard too many stories of "Two go in...one comes out." :scream:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I just scored a three-rail trailer on a popular internet auction site. It's in Charlotte, NC, so I'll be in your neck of the woods one day this weekend. If you guys decide on a day/place/time, I can meet you and hang out for a bit.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Forecast isn't looking good. :whiner: I may try to do Manchester Sunday if this rain arrives as predicted. Anyone want to come?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Ivan and I PLAN on doing TNT Saturday and Manchester Sunday...SOOOO...we'll go with ya Linus.

I should be at TNT by noon on Saturday...have to reassemble my bike again in the morning.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If it is raining I'm gonna call TNT and see how the track is. I'm not going if it is going to be muck.

Manchester on Sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny and nice. The trails should be in good shape from the rain on Saturday (Manchester soaks up a flood like a sponge).

One thing... make sure you get a permit for Manchester... go to www.scohv.org and click on the OHV link and then the Manchester link. SCORE has put in a lot of effort to get some things done there and we are having a few challenges so please get a permit (even though it can be tough to find the place to get it if the gun range is closed).

Ivan

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Where is the gun range located in relation to the trailhead? Do they check to make sure you have a S/A-because I don't. I'm not sure if I can make it Sunday-If I can it will be early. What time did you guys plan on going? If the weather doesn't cooperate I might just have to play hooky and hit TNT a day next week-anybody game?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Don't worry about an SA... as long as your bike is in good shape and you have a permit you'll be fine.

I'm not riding the next two weekends due to travel commitments.

Planning on a ride Dec 7th at Mill Creek in Alabama.

Ivan

2000SE

May 7, 2002
JAMES.. the gully jump has not been completely filled just a little bit..or maybe a lot if you are stuck in the 4 foot deep rut that was there Saturday..i just jump over all that crap...doesn't affect me whether it is filled or not

Top Bottom