bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
I had a long day today. My little baby 3 year old got nipped by a car. My wife saw the whole thing. He broke free and darted out into the road to get to the car first, and a guy that was just pulling out from the curb a few houses down hit him. I guess my son flew about 10 or 15 feet, and landed on his chin. My wife ran out and got him and called 911. They were all at my mothers house when this happend. He was really scared, and was crying alot. My wife was hysterical (as would any parent be about right now). My mother got her calmed down, and the medics said he appeared to be ok. He had some road rash on his hip, and lower back and a bruise and scrape on his chin. He was his old self in about 5 hours. BUT there is more. Later that eve, we ordered pizza and when he went to eat, his teeth were hurting him. After some investigation, I found he has broken most of his back teeth, (top and bottom) on one side of his mouth, and a few near the front on the top (canines). So the nightmare isnt over for my little guy. Going to be taking him to Children's Hospital tomorrow. Could be worse.....

I am not sure why I had to tell you guys all that. I guess I needed to vent it or something.. Just goes to show how quick it can happen...
sorry if I down anyone..
Bleeds

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sorry to hear he is having some issues but glad to hear by and large he will be OK, very scary incident for sure. Hope he's back up to speed real quick.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey, thank God he is going too be alright.. Hopefully the hospital will check him out good.. Again, glad too hear he is ok..
Rick

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I am so happy to hear that he is OK. When I was a child, I was awakened by my father one morning (my mother always woke me up back then) and informed that my favorite niece had been hit and killed by a car. She was 3. It's been 20 years and my sister still hasn't gotten over it. She never will. Needless to say, my children were carefully guarded anytime they were near traffic. As for the teeth, he'll grow more.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Sorry to hear,My wife and I will include him in our prayers.
God bless him...
Hmm already has.. ;)

Crazy4nitro

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Bleeds:

Thank God that it wasn't what it could have been! As FruDaddy said, he will get new teeth anyway.

I remember getting away from my parents when I was about 5 and almost getting hit. I don't know who had a hand in lifting me out of the way, but I have a guess. I had just left church. ;)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sorry to hear this but glad that he will be OK considering the circumstances.

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Thanks for all the concerns.. My mother siad his angels were working overtime... :) He will be fine..
Bleeds
Makes you count your blessings for sure..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Scary stuff for sure! Glad he's OK, don't be too worried about the teeth as they will all end up getting replaced by permenant ones. My son chipped / broke a few teeth when he was little doing various things and both the doc and pediatric dentist said it wasn't a big functional issue just cosmetic until they popped out. It was always a little interesting when he smiled as on top and a diagonal bottom front tooth were broke at about 1/2 way LOL!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Glad he is doing good now. Kids are made of rubber but cars still win most of the time. At least at his age new teeth will be in in a few years.
I hope mom isn't beating herself up to much. The guilt she feels has to be awefull but it happens so fast.
Good reminder for everyone how fast things happen with kids

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
So sorry to hear that,I feel for the little guy!!I have two young kids and I know how it feels to have them get hurt>It just breaks your heart!!!!!!!!!!!! He got real lucky that he did'nt get hurt worst>I bet that he'll never run out into the road again!!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:ohmy:

Scary, indeed.

Glad to hear he is alright. Wow.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow, Bleeds. Sorry to hear about this terrible accident, but so glad to hear that your little boy is going to be okay.

I hope his cuts and bruises heal up fast, and like everyone else said, in a few years those teeth will grow back in as permanent, so no big worries hopefully!

I hope it all turns out well for you, your wife, and the little guy.

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
Glad he's OK. And its a good thing that those are only baby teeth... so its not as worse as it could be. Hope he feels better and tell him hi from us at DRN.....(Not that he would know what DRN is, but anyway...)

Glad he's ok,

JB

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Bleeds, life is full of unknowns, and lessons learned. There is no way of making their life perfectly safe. You just do your best and be glad it wasnt any worse. I watched 2 of my kids crash on thier birtbikes, promptly followed by a trip to the ER. I felt completely helpless and was worried what others thought. Life happens, dont let it beat you up. Glad hes gonna be fine in the long run.

Top Bottom