Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I just read an article concerning an 18 year old kid crossing the center line and mowing down 7 bikes down in Ohio. The kid was said to have been sent to the hospital, but they have no record of him being there. I ride street also, and cringe at stuff like this. Sometimes it feels like they (car/truck drivers) are out to get you, but when you ride with a group you are more visable, and don't expect something like this. I sure hope drugs or alcohol weren't involved. :|

Rannoch

Dec 4, 2002
Just yesterday, I saw a little old lady come around a corner... completely in the wrong lane. TOTALLY in the wrong lane. I didnt even register is at first, because she wasnt over the line or anything.

Its a blind corner, and I was at a stopsign. Scary stuff.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
I had a I guy turn left out of an intesection right straight toward me in my lane. Just like he spaced out and went to England. I have 4 flatspotted tires from that one, but it was pretty cool to lock 'em up and put the car sideways in the middle of the city. I sure wasn't going to hit him head on, got him with my passangers rear door. I love old beaters, good for insurance money! Turns out a new door for an 89 Buick Century is worth quite a bit.

People just don't think some times, its pretty wild. I rode street for a year, it was pretty crazy the way people just plain don't see you.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
It's weird how they'll look right through you, never even know you're coming.
With all the Starbucks hyped up Excursion driving cell-phone talkin soccer moms around here , I'm not even considering a street bike again until I move out to the country....

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You're tellin me, scary drivers!!! I was just HIT last Wednesday..you can read my post in the Women's Forum! If you haven't already.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
HA! You guys aint seen nothin'!
Come on up to N.W. N.M..
My insurance agent told me:
Quote: "You are in the worst county (SanJuan) in the worst state for d.w.i. offenses."
Nuff said about that.

We live in a suburban area where it would seem to be peacefull and quiet.
Except for the squeeling of tires occasionally.
Our house is on a 90 degree turn at the bottom of an incline.
Its a 25 mph zone, but the bozos using this road as a shortcut do at least double that. :(
I bet at least 1 in 4 or 5 drivers are at least halfway into the left lane going around that turn.
Doesnt matter that there are kids playing around the area either. :whiner:
Im at the point that im gonna go get some spike strips and just hang out in my front yard...........then when i hear tires squeeling, toss em out there! :p
B L A A A A A M O ! ! ! ! ! !
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :aj:

Top Bottom