Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I have seen some pics and a commercial containing a school bus that is lifted with big tires on it. Anyone have some links and info on lifting a bus?

Also some links for camper conversions and parts as I want to convert to a camper/ bike hauler for the track.

Any info appreciated. Its an old correctional bus so it has nice bench seats and barred windows. Should be kinda cool? Plus the price is right.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
my bike hauler bus idea doesn't involve lift, but it'd be cool still, I'd get one with an elevator on the side so I couldn't have so much trouble loading my scoot ;)

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I know a lot of off roaders go to a place called National Spring to get custom lifts. Troll around on OFF ROAD.COM

They should have some info on custom spring sets.

I think it would be wayyy cool, you should do some custom ramps that slide up under the frame!

Rod

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I found a paddy wagon from the correctional place down the road. It has a seperate room already in back suitable for bike storage. Its painted white. Has 5 3 passenger Van seats up front. Pretty nice. I'm thinking about toilet and shower. It seems like a conversion might actally be fairly expensive though?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
actually it wouldn't be so bad to convert a bus to an RV, the trick for loading bikes would be to rob a slide up ramp off of a u-haul truck (sometimes they sell old stuff at auction) and attach it below the back door, my idea had bike storage towards the front, bunks in the rear, workbench/kitchen area in the middle/front. Another idea I had was an expanded metal storage box under the side to store gas cans and chemicals which require ventilation and shouldn't be kept inside. A small radiant LP heater would be good in the fall. Maybe an RV awning on one side so you could have a shady spot in the summer at the track, the racing rig schoolbus is my ultimate goal ;)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`ve seen buses that people have made the whole back wall into one big door so they could haul they`re sandrail inside.

Steve

Top Bottom