It was tight.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
It was tight.
  we're not talking about your Pants Pantman ! :p

He looked in a state of shock the whole weekend, had a terrible qualifier, and then had absolute brain fade during the race - reminds me of his first win, when he crashed off the track, and then took out Damon Hill to take the title - looks like he has serious brain seizure when under immense pressure.

This season was close, sort of like the 125 nationals, only in this case, the guy with the most wins won :)

I wish I could see the Schumi brothers on one team, that would make life so much more interesting :scream:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
It was a great season. I like the new qaulifying rules - it helped bring up some of the less funded teams.

How did you like Jauque Villenueve(sp?) not driving for BAR, Takoma Sato replaced him and went on to win third(2n or 3rd?). Looks like Jauque is out for good - bummer!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
:silly: I hate to say this, but I'm getting tired of Schumi winning all the time.

The big question is: Will he retire now, or will he keep driving? (BTW, I really hope that Villeneuve isn't finished. There are rumors that Ferrari wants him, but he won't drive for them as long as Schumacher is on the team. )

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Who says the US Grand Prix is boring ? I watched the whole race from start to finish and it was pretty exciting stuff. Michael Schumacher, Kimi Räikkönen, and Juan Pablo Montoya were all in the hunt for the title with just one race left to go. Unfortunately Montoya blew it and his chance at the championship.

The last race in Japan had Schumacher needing one point and Räikkönen needing a win without a finishing position from Shumi. Michael got the much needed one point and Räikkönen finishing 2nd.

The new rules have made it exciting, the racing was close, and the best man won. What more could you ask for ?!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
:silly: I hate to say this, but I'm getting tired of Schumi winning all the time.
Kinda like RC winning all the time . . . :p

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, they both look like trolls ! :moon: .... Schumi goes faster !!!! :p

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Schumacher is like RC to the tenth power. He's been in F1 since '92, so we've had 10 or 11 years of RC-like domination.

To sum it up - a ridiculous stat that I heard during the Japanese GP: Schumacher has qualified outside the top ten THREE TIMES in his entire career.

:scream: THREE TIMES in nearly 200 races. That's what I call domination.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
:scream: THREE TIMES in nearly 200 races. That's what I call domination.
Yes, domination it is! :thumb:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut
It was a great season. I like the new qaulifying rules - it helped bring up some of the less funded teams.
What are the new qualifying rules for next year? I heard they changed. What are they?
How did you like Jauque Villenueve(sp?) not driving for BAR, Takoma Sato replaced him and went on to win third(2n or 3rd?). Looks like Jauque is out for good - bummer!
I used to like Villenueve BEFORE he won his title. After that he got a major attitude problem and then he just turned into a complete waste of time. SEE YA!

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Friday sessions will disappear next year, and Saturday's qualifying will gain an hour. Saturday's qualifying format will remain the same, but the drivers will get two laps instead of one.

Jacque Villeneuve + BAR = disaster. JV still has the necessary skill to win a WDC, but he hasn't had a car that would support his talent for the past 5 years. Whether or not he still has the fire is the question. His attitude came from sheer frustration. I'd have a bad 'tude if I went from WDC to zero the way he did. The BAR team has never had a top-three car (even with Honda behind them). If Jacque jumped into a McLaren-Mercedes or BMW-Williams nest year, he would have a real shot at winning the World Driving Championship.

He has enough money to do whatever he wants. I hope he continues to race, and I really hope he does it here in the US. We could use a little star power in the 4-wheeled world.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002

Who came 3rd. I almost missed this post. ARE YOU BLIND ! David Coulthard did !
Okay he sucked this season AND had a lot of bad luck but there is no way that Sato will be in front of him on driving skills ever !

Maybe pit strategy or mechanical problems or a brain fart. But never, ever on pure racing skills. Granted he doesn't have much left but they are better than Sato's will ever be.

There are two great drivers in the twilight of their careers Colin MacRae and David Coulthard. But both made it to the top and only one was actually allowed to win a title.

BAR is done for. They have no driver that can give them a chance and certainly not one that can set up a car, even the Canadian could not help them and he just sat back for the last 3 years since he was given inferior equipment. Any win will be by attrition in the premier field in Motorsports. 

If you want a winner give him something to win with !

ENDURO NUTHING ! PFFFT ! :moon:

Last edited:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Flying Scot - Tell me how you REALLY feel ;) !

Sato did do well, however that had nothing to do with Coulthard's ability or inability.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Cold Fart .. er Coultart, coulda been a contender !! shame that he just can't put it together.

Top Bottom