TNUTT

Jul 18, 2002
I had just completed my first top-end. I started it a few times and the bike was good. When i went to the track the bike seized. I got home and pulled the topend and realized that either i didn't put the circlip in good or it popped out.

My question is what is the best way to repair? The cylinder & head is scored on one side from the clip. Should I have it bored and plated , sleeved ( i don't think i can do that because it is 125) or ebay. I would send it to eric gorr but he is closed this month and I want to race at the begining of October.

2nd question what is the best ways to get the metal out of the bottom-end with out cracking it open. I already got 3/4 of the cir-clip out. The rest of it has me concerned either it is floatong around in the bottom or lodged in the piston and head.

any hekp would be graetly appreciated.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i would give eric a call and see if he has a spare cylinder ready to go and trade yours as a core. either that, or start saving and send it to RPM.

as for the clip, its done a lot of damage already and the only way you can be real confident you got it out is if you split the cases i am afraid.

for something so cheap, circlips can cause a lot of expense

what races are you going to, i was thinking of going to REM at glen helen when it starts to cool a bit.

TNUTT

Jul 18, 2002
I was looking foward to that g.p. in ridgecrest. How's your 144? I have a '02 cr eric is not able to do the 144 for this bike. I was think about putting a 99 or older jug and having eric bore it out or trading what I have for an already bored out kit. The problem is the dimesions will be off and I will need to get a power-valve (the '02 is a diferent design).

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by TNUTT
IHow's your 144?

it runs real rich, LOL.

i think the cr will go to 133? i think maybe the 133's are a bit less work than the 144's; but the 144's are real fun. in your case, the 133 seems the quickest and easiest way forward.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If you want you can send it to US Chrome and they can weld up the gouges before they re-plate it. They can also bore it out and re-plate.

Top Bottom