yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
I have been bit . . .

by a scorpion, and it is no fun. It was ontop of the sheets when I pulled my leg out because it was a hot night. Like a wasp sting, but it keeps stinging for 8-10 more hours and a 3-5 inch area around the bite goes numb and tingly for the next 24 hours.

I kill about 3-4 a year that get in the house somehow. Around a dozen tarantulas live in my yard, too, but I like them - It is fun to toss a junebug near their hole ( at night of course ) and watch them pounce on it.

I have only seen 2 gila monsters in the 14 years I have lived here, tho. Pretty stout little lizards, and their saliva is incredible toxic.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
I guess im lucky

Ive onley seen one of then out side of a store.I was at my grams in yorkshir NY,where i ride, it was a verry small one. It was on my cuzins back (he was freeked out!). In total it was probley about 1/4 of an inch long REEL LITTLE:confused:.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
When I was a kid we lived in San Antiono and had a pool. Two scorpins fell in the pool in the back yard and were just siting still on the steps. We pulled them out by there tails and they could not sting us. We took them in the house before we realized they were alive. We corned them in the kitchen and my dad droped a tooth pick on there backs and they stung themselves on their backs killing them. They were little brown ones. We froze it and took it to a friend that made paperweights. My brother and I each have one. If you look close at it you can see the hole in its back were it stung itself. Let that be a lesson to any critters tring to enter my house ;)

dorsey

Dec 8, 2004
Scorpion Lights

Yes a Scorpion will GLOW IN THE DARK. We catch them all the time in Oklahoma with a portable blacklight (spotlight). You can buy one for around 125.00 Call me 918-855-3196

dante

Mar 24, 2004
in the high dez we also have these beetles that are over 2.5 inches long... I'm not kidding at all, huge pinchers and all... I thought it was a black plastic haloween toy or something, till it started moving!!! You don't see them too often but I've seen them twice... Also my cat had a battle with a scorpion... It was pretty crazy the cat comes trotting through the cat door with a half dead scoripion (light tan kind)... my cat has a way of bringing live anamals into the house and letting them go... Trantulas don't bite, I've seen them at Jalama State Beach at near a surf spot called Trantualas... You'll see a bunch of them trying to cross the street and little sploches were they've gotten squished...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What were you seaching for that found a post from Sep of 2001, lol?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Ack!! I found a tiny scorpion last week in the desert that was smaller than my little finger nail.

Is it the light colored ones that are deadly?

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Wow I will take the cold weather up here before scorpions and tarantulas anyday....I get the shivers just thinking about it. We actually do have scorpions up here.....but you don't find any until you get about 3 hours away from where I live. We've had cougars, bears and all that good stuff come right to our yard....but to be honest I think I would be more freaked out if I saw a scorpion or a tarantualla....they just disgust me.....I hate bugs.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
hell, I was ready to post a reply and then I saw that I did. I was basically going to post exactly what I said before! LMAO

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Yeah, I called the number and the dude just said, "this is Dorsey" No company name or anything. What a lame way to spam.

KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
I used to have a room mate in college who had some emperor scorpions. He was an entomology major. WEIRD dude man. They're the huge black ones you can get in pet stores. He would shine his black light on them and they would glow green. He would pick them up by the stingers and let them crawl on him. He'd ride the elevator in the dorm to freak the girls out. He had some gargantuan grasshopper looking thing from like Laos or somewhere. It's head was like the size of a racquetball. Nuts. When I have been deployed to the middle east, I saw huge camel spiders every time I was there. Those things are scary as hell. They are like no spider I've ever seen here. They can run a whole lot faster than any human, they can jump about 6 feet in the air, and some of them are the size of hubcaps. They have huge scorpions and rats there too. I got stung about 10 years ago here in Oklahoma by a scorpion. I didn't get sick or anything, but I was in some intense pain for a while. My foot swelled up big. Then about 3 years ago, I was going to visit my dad who lives in the country. I stopped at the end of his driveway and picked up his newspaper. A scorpion fell out in my lap and I slapped him away into my car. I never saw him again but I was nervous as hell for about a month after that. Matt

Top Bottom