BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Has anyone bought a pack of Scott tear-offs lately!?

I have used Scott goggles for years and I always run tear-offs. It is pretty normal to take a pine branch in the face here in the Michigan woods so your lenses can get pitch on them. Tear-offs do a great job of extending their useful life.

I bought a tear-off kit pack yesterday (10 tear-offs and plastic holder thingys) and found the tear-offs to be half the thickness of those in the last package I bought. They are worthless IMO. I ripped the first one I tried to stretch over the posts and they don't fit tight to the lens like the thicker ones. I measured them and the old ones were .0045in thick while the new ones are .002in!

I guess I will be switching back to Oakley goggles next time I need a new pair! :|

Man, in this day and age it is impossible to type the word goggle. I keep typing google! LOL! :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have noticed the thinner and poor fit also. Thought we bought a bad batch at a race so bought another the next week- same thing. Now I won't buy them without opening the package to see which ones they are.
I actually asked Bevo about it at Redbud but he just shook his head and walked away.

Top Bottom