Scott Turbo Flow users

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Anyone got some good cleaning tips for these lenses?? The first time i tried i used ammonia and water like i normally do and it scratched the lens. evidently they use some kind of anti fog film. then i read the directions and used soapy water but made the mistake of rinsing them under the faucet. This of course got water in between the two lenses!! The next lense i used soapy water and carefully rinsed them and dried them w/ a soft towel and it still scratched the lenses. the directions say to remove the lens from the frame to clean. I did this once and by the time i got it back in it had finger prints all over it!! :| I can clean the outside w/out to much difficulty but the inside is a pain. anyone else find these a pain to clean??

Other than that they are great for keeping the fog at bay, just a pain to clean and not scratch the lense.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
yah, they scratch really easy. I never had a problem getting water between the two lenses, i just used some soapy water and rinsed them off. usually all the water ran off and didnt need to dry them.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I sprau window cleaner on an Oakley white sunglass bag (I picked up 40 of them for $0.25 each at Bob's a couple of years ago) and it works great. I think the trick is just finding a soft enough cloth. An old white tee-shirt would probably work just as well. The inside of the lens is super easy to scratch.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…