Scott's steering dampner and Applied T-clamps

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
I was ordering a Scott's steering dampner for my '00 300 EXC and was told that the only position I can have my bar on my Applied 18mm offset tripleclamps is in the back position.

I prefer the forward position as it allows me to stand more comfortably. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

BTW, I currently run a WER, and am happy with it. I just want the additional adjustability the Scott's offers.

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Bigbird,

I bet you can run the Scott's damper with the bars in the forward position, with a little modification to the frame clamp or actuator arm.

Your local shop should be able to fix you right up.

If you have no further need for the WER, I'd sure be interested in it for my 250SX.

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Bigbird, I got your email and responded back but haven't heard from you since.:(

I do still want the WER damper. Please email me.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I have the Scott's 18mm offset triple clamps on my 01 400E. They came with a top clamp for the bars in the forward postion. I got them from Mike Krueger at Cycle Zone KTM. Toll free 866-843-7433.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
WER/Scotts Damper

CCRider, I e-mailed you the info requested.

Thanks Jeb for the reply. I'm checking into that solution today.

For what its worth, two days ago I attempted to upgrade my computer system to Microsoft Office XP Professional 2002. It caused my system to crash big-time. I have spent the last two days reformatting and reinstalling my software and data files. Since then, I have learned that there are some significant problems with this upgrade. So much so, that IBM has issued a bulletin disavowing any support for this product if it causes a system failure. So... be careful if you want to upgrade to this product.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom