dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
My '01 CR250 seat is hard as a rock and I'm looking at the replacement seats from SDG. Are they any softer that stock. While SDG said they are basically the same firmness as stock, stock from brand to brand can change to a great degree. Anyone here have good/bad experience with these and a "seat of the pants" report? :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have used the step seat and the tall seat. I do not care for step when moving around,but enjoy being lower in the saddle in some corners,that is what I do not like about the tall seat! The only comfortable seat is the one I am using now,on the computer! Go riding without your seat and you will appreciate the oem seat more!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My KTM had a tall SDG seat on it when I bought it. I think it is excellent. Not too soft, not too firm.

I've got a bad knee and go for long trail rides, so I sit down alot. A comfortable seat makes a big difference to me, and I really like the SDG.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I've been wondering the same thing myself. Though it has tought me to stand more than I used to, I dont care for the concrete hard stock foam on my crf. My old rm's seat was like the "big comfy couch" compared to this thing.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I have a sdg tall seat on my 97 cr250 and It made all the diffrence in the world from the stock one. the stock seat made my tail bone hurt and I was always saddle sore. Now with the sdg It is rare that I feel either of these pains.

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Thanks guys! I ordered the stock height, as I am 5-10 with short legs. :think: The reason I am looking at new seats is because of my lower tailbone too. It's been irritated for months and the doc says it sometimes takes quite some time to clear up..even with meds. Riding season is coming back up (been too hot (over 100's around mempho) and I'm 7-weeks from my collarbone break) and I want to get a softer seat so maybe it won't irritate my soft butt!

Regarding standing, this is something I have tried to work on. The sore butt also forced me too. However, with my sorry inherited knees, I can't stand, mid-knee bend all day. So, I too tend to sit and ride more than I should.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A good set of knee braces! I am sorry to report that the injured tailbone will be an issue,seemingly never going away! Plenty of rubberband stretches gets the collarbone back to being able to ride.

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Thanks for the info. I have a line on a set of braces for cheap. I need to jump on them. I believe you're right about the 'bone. I don't even know how I injured it, but my ortho has instructed me to keep on the meds.

It generally sucks getting old. Lose almost 40 lbs, hurt my back. Gain weight. Lose 24 lbs., hurt my tailbone. Gain some weight back and then break my collarbone and gain a little more weight. Get out of my brace and then my back is aching again..... It'd be funny if it wasn't true. :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wilkey is my backs best friend! I ride it feels great! It hurts like hell the rest of the time,especially standing on concrete floors and reading blue prints. Cages are not my bag,yet!

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Got the SDG seat. For $80, it is a nice product. Honestly, it is a tad, just a tad, softer than stock. I can actually squeeze the seat some with my hand where I cannot with the stocker. However, I think I will ultimately end up stuffing my old seat with Charmin. :)

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I have a Guts seat and love it. It has an excellent combination of grip and slick to help you hold on but still be able to move freely. The seat is very soft. I kind of like a soft seat and this one is almost too soft. It may be worth looking into. Since you already bought a seat but still aren't happy with the firmness, Guts sells seat foam as well, I believe.

Top Bottom