Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yes they are tricked-out CRF's and a great buy.
Enjoy.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Not really CRFs, but Chinese knock-offs (not that there's anything wrong with that).:)

I was thinkin' of gettin' one myself.

Please give a ride report if you get one.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Will do. Right now we're bouncing emails back & forth. I have to make sure it's not stolen, etc. I'll know more in the next couple of days.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
That's a good looking bike, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it if you decide to trade for it. Is SDC the actual maker of the bike, I guess I have't been paying enough attention to the magazines lately.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SDG designed it and owns the factory in China. X-Treme (Guy Cooper reps them) are similar in that they are made over there.

If you want to build your own from a stock CRF 50, expect to spend some major dollars (a BBR version is 6,500, but uses a Honda motor). People out there are spending well over 7-8K making their own, 1K for forks, 300 for a shock, then the frame, swingarm, wheels, disc brakes..... While that's probably the best route to take if you're hardcore, I just want to ride one and not spend the dollars. 2400 as you see it in the pic (loaded), is still a lot of change for a pitbike, but def. doable. The fun factor is large!

We just bought 3 of 'em (Thump, BigLou and I) Elk has one and has some time on it I believe? There will be 5 that I know of at DirtWeek.
Another pic is here: http://dirtrider.net/images/sdg1.jpg :aj:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okie, can you say where you bought them? Were you able to get any discount?

There was some reports of peg mounts bending. How beefy do they look?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Got them at MX South and no, there isn't a discount at all.... best of my knowledge Jeff is the only one that had/has 'em, Tucker Rocky has 1300 on back order. They are selling them faster than production. Be prepared for a drive to Florida though, I don't think Jeff ships them.

Have heard about bending peg mounts as well, we'll see how it goes. Crazy peeps are out there jumping these things big, that won't be my case, lol. BBR makes a beefy replcement that will fit for $80 or so.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
They are great lil bikes for the price. The bending of peg mounts and bent rims are due to the super jumping peeps are doing on them. I've had mine for a week now and it rocks! It's had it's first hour on it and is broken in nicely. They can wheelie in all 4 gears, from what I've been able to do. I'm 180lbs and it takes me around and up hills like nothing. The suspension has alot of travel and is nice and stiff in the back for my butt. They have some nice quality items already installed like the aluminum skid plate, alumnium swing arm and upper clamps. The spokes are heavy duty along with the rims. I got on my XR50 right after riding it and it felt like it was an electric moped!

It's got great bang for the buck and like anything, if it ain't taken care of, it'll break. You can do some big little jumps with it due to the power so it's real tempting, but that's where the bending starts I'd think. They go for 2499 out here and they really won't budge cause of the demand. Hamh Motorsports has 40 on order but they haven't seen them yet. I got the last one in stock there and I'm glad I did. It feels alittle funny sterring it cause of the small front tire and big bars, but I got used to it. 1st gear is real low, 2nd is great for hill climbs and 3rd and 4th are for long wheelies. You can actually work the wheelie while in the air with the throttle, they are that responsive. Looking forward to DW this year, hope the Boss and his disciples get theirs in time, that'll be a good time right there!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Size comparison for you all to see, based on the XR50. The billet BBR cap I bought separate, nice touch I thought. :cool:

Attachments

• mini2500.jpg
    mini2500.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,051

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup and the minis with 12" rims are even more spacious!

jigracing

Jun 26, 2005
Watch the tranny's on those 107 3 valve motors. A whole bunch of guys out here in Cali have them and thay have a real bad reputation for breaking. SDG hasnt been real cooperative in warrantying them either. The rear shocks have broken also. The FOX Float Air shock is a great rear shock for those. Plus it can be set up for any weight rider. So you can ride it and you wife or son can also and it canl be tuned right for all of your differing wieghts. Get the 12" front wheel if you can. Or you'll going to want it real bad. Makes a huge diff in how stable the bike feels. The Pitster Pro 125 is actually a better buy and hasn't got the motor problems the SDG has been plagued with. Plus you can get them and they will ship it to you! Here's my '05 Pitster. The '06 has a different swingarm and a few more goodies.
mikemetzer0281.jpg

as you can see the 05 Pitster and the SDG are very similar. The '06 Pitster is very diff. here's a pic from the Pitster site.
pitstermm1.jpg

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Spike Spiegel said:
I want to get one. I am not sure if I should get one or get a normal bike and trick that out. I live in a hilly area so power and hill climbing ability is important. I am looking to get one of these( I would trick it out slowly)an SDG speed mini. a yamaha tt-r 90 or a Kawasaki 110. I want to turn it into a pitbike. If you have any suggestions please post.

Simple;

concept1_13.gif

jigracing

Jun 26, 2005
Honestly... the 110 with a few mods will outlast them all. get the 110 then buy a larger rear sprocket and a bar kit and then a pipe. maybe a tall seat. You'll be set.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Click the Viper head on the left near the top of the page.

Top Bottom