RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
If you ride the woods don't crash with them. The first ride out with my brand new Seal Savers I took a tumble and they got ripped to shreads. My buddy just shook his head and said wet suit material belongs in the water not in the woods. I'm going back to the regular plastic boot and I'll just make sure to maintain cleanliness underneath it.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Seal savers work great, especially on inverted forks. But, on conventional forks, such as the kdx's, I would just use the rubber, accordian boots.

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
I have had the long ones on my DR350 for over 3 years of woods riding and they have held up great. I got mine from Scott Summers but I think Seal Saver make them. They do a great job of keeping the seals clean and dry.

RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
'what would it hurt to use the accordian boots over top of the short sealsavers? '
The boot and sealsaver would have to share the lower clamp area and I'm not sure how much give the boot hole has to get over the now larger diameter with the seal saver. I had the long sealsavers so I may be able to cut them down to a small size and salvage them. I will attempt to get the boot on also and let you know.
I admit my tumble was out of the ordinary as I haven't crashed that hard in 3+ years. Just rotten luck I guess.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
F.Y.I accordian boots will fit over the short seal savers and probably the long ones for that matter. mine started coming apart at the seem so i slipped the boot back over and zip tied. we'll see how long that lasts. sealsavers do keep the mud out i'll say that for'em.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
they should look like this. :thumb:

Attachments

• 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 295

GreenPeace

Dec 6, 2002
Nice blue....Yamie fan?

Make sure the fork tube that slides through the oil seal is also protected by the seal saver.
When passing a KTM he will sandblast the exposed fork tube and the pitt marks will cut the oil seal in no time.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
Nice blue....Yamie fan?

they are the same color as the accordian boots that came on it new. what color do they send on the bikes wherever your from?

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I have a 1994 kdx 200 and just got the front forks rebuilt and would like to try this out. Heck, for $19.95 how can I go wrong. What size forks does my bike have in mm, so I will order the correct one. I'm running stock forks. I heard with todays larger diameter forks, I will have to order minibike size (ie, 80cc) seal savers. Is this true.

Top Bottom