jeremym1234

~SPONSOR~
Jan 12, 2002
Just bought my first No Toil filter. I'm curious what people use to seal it to the airbox. I have some No Toil sealant, but I'm curious if this is the way to go or if there are alternatives.

Thanks In Advance,

J.D.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If your airfilter seals against the air box you don't need any grease to seal the filter. It won't hurt but IMO it's a waste of money and time. Use the NoToil stuff if you do decide to grease it though.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
What's nice about the No-Toil rim grease is that it's biodegradable, and cleans up easy with No-Toil cleaner/soap and water.

My rim grease came with the No-Toil kit, so I'll use it until it runs out. As long as there's a good filter/rim seal in the airbox, I probably won't buy a replacement tube.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I would put up a strong recommendation for the PC racing air-filter seal. It's a foam seal that adhears the metal air box rim, and provides a really good reliable seal, and there's no mess! Buy one and you'll never have to grease your air filter rim again! They are only about $15 tops. I'm gonna put one on every new bike I ever buy

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I agree with Yogurt. The PC filter seal works great. I use No-Toil filter oil and now only use about 1/3 as much cleaner to clean the filter without the grease. Soooo much easier to clean and install. Best $12 I ever spent since the filter gets cleaned every ride.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom