Sealing or Water-Proofing Graphics ?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Are there any clear wax or clear finish products that could help prevent water & crud from getting up under the edges of new graphics ?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this ?

Thanks.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
the Eel said:
Are there any clear wax or clear finish products that could help prevent water & crud from getting up under the edges of new graphics ?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this ?

Thanks.

I've heard of people using Mop N Glo(Mop and Glo?) on the plastics. I'm going to try that next. So far I've used car wax, furniture wax, and leather conditioner and none of them have really made a difference.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Because thekids knee braces tend to eat graphics we started using the heavy duty clear sheets from I believe Nstyle. We put them over the areas where he rubs and just a bit larger then the graphic. This has saved graphics and made them last for the whole season.
I also think there is someone that makes the clear sheets precut to fit many different bikes

qfactor03

Feb 11, 2004
3m Edge Sealer

3m makes a product for the large format printing and signage industry called edge sealer. It is applied with a small swab along the raw edges of laminated graphics to help keep moisture from entering which could cause delamination problems. It might be worth trying at less than $10 for a can.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
the edge sealer option sounds practical. thanks.

Top Bottom