sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Anyone know of a place to get one of these cheap china made bikes, but not a pit bike, i am looking for something with a seat height similiar to a pw50, or around 20" give or take an inch. I know someone somewhere has to make a mini dirtbike for 2 or 3 hundred bucks like these pitbikes. I just want it long enough to see if my son has any interest in riding, and since he is only 3 1/2 he isnt gonna know any better. If he shows interest then i will throw down the money for a good bike. All this assuming i dont find a good used one first, but anyway... anyone? I am so sick of seein nothing but these pit bikes......

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You will be MUCH better off with a used PW50 because it is significantly more safe for a little rider. Shadt drive, pretty much solid disc wheels, low exhaust... all things ment to keep the little ones safe. I have seen similar bikes to what you mentioned but only on manufacturers that I deal with web sites nothing here in the states.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I agree with Patman. A used big name mini also holds it value very well, chances are you could find a used pw/xr 50 for about 500 bucks and even if he doesn't like it you can sell it for 500 bucks. They never get much cheaper unless they're really whooped. If you buy some cheap arse little thing for 300 and he doesn't like it you'll be lucky to get anything out of it. If he does like it and you want to upgrade you're still out the money you wasted on the cheapy.

A clean big name 50 is pretty much a better idea no matter how you look at it.

cheesenuget

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
I agree with Patman. A used big name mini also holds it value very well, chances are you could find a used pw/xr 50 for about 500 bucks and even if he doesn't like it you can sell it for 500 bucks. They never get much cheaper unless they're really whooped. If you buy some cheap arse little thing for 300 and he doesn't like it you'll be lucky to get anything out of it. If he does like it and you want to upgrade you're still out the money you wasted on the cheapy.

A clean big name 50 is pretty much a better idea no matter how you look at it.

yea, whatever i buy those little cheap bikes for is usually the same as what i get fo it when i sell it. i only keep them for a month or two to screw around on them, but, lots of problems usually start to come up, some unsafe things to like sticking thottle.
for somebody younger learning to rie stay away from them

Top Bottom