viper77

Jun 27, 2001
Does anyone know the exact size/type of bolt used to hold the back of the seat and the plastic on. Are they available at any hardware store? I was at the local Home Depot yesterday and they couldn't seem to match them up. Any help would be appreciated.

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
The bolt is a 10mm and yes you can buy it at any hardware store becuase I just replaced mine. Not sure of the length but you should be able to look at it and see if it is too short or long.:cool:

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
Rats! I just replaced mine last week and I cant find the little bag they came
in. I have about 10 other empty little bags though.( figures I tossed the one
I would need):o But I did also get them at home depot in a special plastic
cabinet for metrics. Length did not seem to be to important.
Sorry not more help:(

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
10 mm is the wrench size the thread size i beleive is 6mm
ace hard ware has them also most farm supply stores
they will not look like the stock bolts you might consider
geting allen bolts

willstyle

Jun 7, 2000
I went with the 6mm socket head bolts. (5mm hex size) Way better than hex head bolts. With a lock-washer and another washer they dont come out.

Will

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Viper your chances of going to the local hardware store and finding exactly the same bolt aren't good. The head is somewhat specialized so you'll likely need to talk to your dealer or a specialty shop for a perfect match. Your local hardware store will certainly have a metric bolt with the same thread and length however. You can then swap the ugly replacement bolt for one you don't normally see. The fender bag bolts come to mind.

If your bike still had the rear fender extension on when you got it chances are good you have the bolts you need already. Most people will remove the fender extension and keep the bolts. If this is the case have a look in your toolbox etc.

David

Top Bottom