Seat cover for 1991 E1 KDX 250

doogle

Nov 19, 2003
Anyone know where I can get one or is my machine to old. I need one in Australia or someone who does international orders. Maybe a gripper or just plain black. Anyway some info would be great thanks guys.

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
http://www.fourstrokesonly.com/seatcoverskaw.html
I havn't seen one but I'm going to get one for the winter overhaul.

levert

Jan 29, 2002
How to make seat ccver, and yes I'm cheap.
After being quoted over $120 for my KTM this is what I did.
Tools needed:
1) Staple gun
2)Hot air gun,$15 at hobby store
3)Lots of Patience,alcohol if your of age.

Go to your local material or dress making shop.Have a look at the naugahyde or other similiar material, I ran across several materials with cool patterns IE camoflauge.
You should not pay more than $10 for a yard, if you pay more then its not a deal.This is enough for two seats.
Take your old cover off, repair foam with Goop. Now comes the part which will have you cursing, it helps to have an extra set of hands.
Cut the material in half, you will have lots of overlap which you will need.Staple the back of the seat and stretch to the front where the seat slopes up. The trick is to stretch and temp staple this stuff down. Your first attempt is the hardest. When you get to areas where the wrinkles can't be pulled out stretch and heat the area with the gun.My first time I let the seat sit for a night with some wrinkles and had a go the next day.Sometimes you have to remove the staples in trouble ares and restretch and heat and restaple.
I can now do a seat in under an hour, no wrinkles and it lasts longer than these expensive trick seat covers you pay big bucks for.You really need a good staple gun and experiment with diff staples.

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
Odd I just scrolled down to the bottom of the page to double check my link and either I'm halucinating or you need some specs cause I see all kinds of seat covers for KDXs KLX & KLRs. 91-94 KDX 250 same as mine they come in purple,black and black/green combo
http://www.fourstrokesonly.com/seatcoverskaw.html
heres the link again I've got it open in another window as I type this.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom