jlgedge03

Oct 11, 2003
Hey dudes, just had a quickey for ya. what is the recommended seat height for a 6'1 person??? lookin at a 2000 CR250 and wanted to know if there was a particular height for ridin' plus, how much can you "jack up" your seat hight with the tall foam? LATER!!!!

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Yes I would like to know too. I'm 6'4" and I'd like to get some fasstway "low pegs" and higher bars. I dont feel "at home" on it. I have to squat waaay down to get in a good attack position where my butt is inches away from the seat. Any websites with high seat foam.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I am 6'2" 220lbs and ride a 2003 RM250. I have done 3 things..... an SDG tall seat which raises the seat about 1 1/2 ", Fastway lowboy pegs and TAG top clamps. There is a huge differance on how the bike fits me. I recommend all 3 mods if you are tall.

Steven

Wind

Dec 30, 2002
Yes, I did the same on my 03 RM250. I guestimated that the SDG tall only added 3/4" (by very imprecise guestimating:) though. SDG says 1 inch. In a previous discussion I read that someone returned their forward mounted bars back to original position. I was getting Hand Pump real bad in practice and in races. By returning back it alleviated Hand Pump in practice but still get it in races, plus a little bit of arm pump now. Didn't really hinder ergos. But the tall clamp/low boy set up really helps my lower back.

Top Bottom