Sebastien Tortelli Confident Despite Injury

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Press Release

Sebastien Tortelli faces a two month pause after his serious fall during the MX1-Grand Prix in Portugal. But despite his injury, the factory rider [img2=left]http://www.ktm.com/news/images/tortelli_action.jpg[/img2] has still expressed confidence after the first world championship race and is looking forward to his comeback.

Sebastien Tortelli is currently being treated in the surgical department of the Lyon hospital. The Frenchman suffered a nasty fall and dislocated his hip while fighting for victory in the second run of the Portuguese Grand Prix. Despite receiving quick medical attention, the Motocross professional is out of competition for two months to allow the overstrained ligaments in the hip area to recover. A scan has indicated that there are no other ligament or bone injuries.

“Of course on the one hand I am bitterly disappointed — especially for the team. They’ve always give me their full support. They’ve protected me from negative situations and thanks to the unbelievable dedication of the technical staff, they’ve always supplied me with the best possible bike,” said the 28-year-old Frenchman. “We were totally on track in Portugal and right up to my fall we were absolutely competitive. Fortunately I don’t have any pain and I want to get back to my team and racing as soon as I can," he added. Tortelli is scheduled to leave the hospital today.

Despite the setback, Georges Jobe, team boss for the KTM MX1 Factory Team also takes a positive view concerning the quest for victory in the world championships.

“Even though we were shocked about Sebastien’s accident and injury, working constantly to be up front and achieving a top result in Portugal means that we were right there where we wanted to be. Sebastien’s injury is a setback but the current situation will bond the team and make us stronger,” Jobe explained. “Even after Sebastien’s accident, which can happen to any rider in any race, the whole KTM team still totally dedicated to the coming races. Jonathan Barragan made a huge improvement in Portugal on his new bike and celebrated his first podium place. In particular, the development of the new 450 SX-F delivered excellent results and this was a big success for the whole team.
Mickael Pichon, who unfortunately is out at the moment with some health problems is receiving full support from all the KTM team. Meanwhile the MX2 and MX3 Teams have more than demonstrated that we are on the right track and have been setting one record after another in their classes. And of course we are already looking forward to Sebastien’s quick return to the team and racing,” the experienced team boss and five-times world champion reported.

The KTM MX1 team will hit the racing circuit next at the German Grand Prix in Teutschenthal on May 6-7.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Update:

KTM’s Sebastien Tortelli will have surgery to repair a broken ligament in his right knee (not the troublesome left which has sidelined the 28-year-old in the past) and is expecting to be away from the sport for at least five months. The latest setback was discovered after he had made decent progress recovering from his dislocated hip."

It was hoped that Tortelli would challenge Stefan Everts for the 2006 MX1 World Motocross crown, but that rivalry has fallen apart, as Sebastien is sidelined and Everts has now won four in a row to start what he promises will be his last season.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom