Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Alright who's gonna teach me the secret KTM handshake? :) :) :)

Hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse because it's not actually sitting in my garage yet, but the check will be cut tomorrow and then we are set! Shipping from Tenn. to Colorado should'nt take more than a week or so I'd think, so should be a pumpkin rider by the first of Dec! (just in time for the snow)

I am purchasing Lawman's '01 400 E/XC. So expect to see a little more of this old lizard in your orange forum!!

Rod:confused:

B

biglou

"Plagiarizing."

I am stealing this from Shaw520, but do you know the secret four-stroke hand shake?

You sqeeze on every other stroke!:D

As for the pumpkin handshake, they haven't told me what it is, either.:debil:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It's not that simple; it's not enough to just OWN a KTM. You have to freely confess your allegiance to the almighty Pumpkin, while kneeling, your head bowed in reverent supplication. You must swear by your lungs and your liver to love no other motorcycle. Next, you repeat the secret chant, turn around three times, and say something in German. . . . Then you throw dog poop on a Yamaha rider's shoes.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Roddy:

There are very strict (not Strick) rules about giving out 'the' handshake! You cannot be given the exact instructions until you own the bike. What that means exactly is either Lawman has cash - in hand, or the check has cleared his bank. We (KTM handshake int'l) will be in close touch with Lawman. When one of the events listed above have been completed, you will receive 'the' handshake instructions by mail. Do not get anxious about receiving the instructions any sooner. Remember how it used to be on DRN and getting the Avatar? Do not make that mistake, or your instructions could be delayed.

Welcome to Club KTM!;)

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I hear a steering damper will fix that handshake problem you pumpkin guys are having.;)

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by JMD
Next, you repeat the secret chant, turn around three times, and say something in German. . . . Then you throw dog poop on a Yamaha rider's shoes.

I went to Oktoberfest last year and drank LOTS of German beer does that count?

Thought maybe that shoud be ROOST some dog poop on a Yamaha riders shoes! (Love a good Steve Martin reference)

I know just the blue bike rider who gets it first!!!:p :scream: :p

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
DO NOT forget the bribe, er I mean "donation" to the DRN Forum Moderator:) $10.00 per/cc is small unmarked bills.:)

Oh and be sure to shake hands BEFORE throwing the dog poop OK? (kinda' explains BigLou's problem, well one of then at least)

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by Patman
DO NOT forget the bribe, er I mean "donation" to the DRN Forum Moderator:) $10.00 per/cc is small unmarked bills.:)

)

See it's this kinda crap that makes everyone think these orange bikes are so expensive.

Patman the check is in the mail, just go sit out by the curb and wait for it. I'll send the mailman by with a Pokin' stick!

Dale

Jan 6, 2000
thats a lot of hand shakin goin on are you leavin one hand free to hold up the picture
congrats on your new bike i just picked up a new 01 300 exc today so i thought id join in

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by Dale
thats a lot of hand shakin goin on are you leavin one hand free to hold up the picture
congrats on your new bike i just picked up a new 01 300 exc today so i thought id join in

Dale, Congrats also! Follow the instructions given above and wait patiently for more info.

dkmccarty5

Aug 30, 2000
Orange Forever

Ridin' anything other than ORANGE is sorta like shaking hands with a guy with three fingers ! You can do it, but it just don't feel right

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I too must admit that I floated over to the DARK "Blue" Side for a while but have come back to the light once again.

I gave into the temptation of the "Blue 4-Stroke monster". And I realized that greatly missed the "Pumpkin".

Fellow "Pumpkin" breatheren...
Please forgive me for straying as I sit before you kneeling, with my head bowed in reverent supplication and freely confess my allegiance to the almighty Pumpkin. I vow never to love or lust after another motorcycle.

Please find it in your great "Orange" hearts to forgive the sins of the weak...

Last edited:

GaryKTM200

Dec 5, 2000
I'm going so fast on my KTM 200 that I don't have time to shake hands or anything else. And there is no film speed fast enough to take a picture. Was that the kind of picture you was talking about Dale? :)

GaryKTM200

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Stormer94,

You know I did like the big blue 4 stroke but I think it was the 4 stroke part that I liked. I rode a 520 not too long ago and that's what I have my eyes on next.

It's lighter, starts easier (no voodoo techniques needed) and you can get it green stickered in CA starting with the 2002 models. That's a tough package to beat....

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Desert_Racer writes:

Fellow "Pumpkin" breatheren, please forgive me for straying as I sit before you kneeling, with my head bowed in reverent supplication and freely confess my allegiance to the almighty Pumpkin. I vow never to love or lust after another motorcycle.

Aren't you forgetting something? Hmmmm? Dog poop? Yamaha rider's shoes? Let's move it, soldier.

MX GZR

Nov 8, 2001
secret KTM handshake

Stick one thumb in mouth and one thumb <a little to graphic>, then switch every five seconds. THATS the KTM handshake:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
KTM handshake

I learned the "albino" KTM handshake (pre '98). First reach for your wallet then shake hands with the parts guy, leaving him your wallet.:scream:
"How much will have to mortgage my house for to get that MOTOPLATT ingition?"

Top Bottom