KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
hi, Have a KDX200, and am interested in going to dirtweek 2004. I have some questions about i tthough. How many days is it? What do you need to go? campers, trailors etc... Are there hotels? Where is it? What town? What track(s)? how much does it cost for MX and the other things they have? If anyone has any other imputs for suggestion, please do so. thanks for your help guys!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
thanks.. BUT... for 20 bux per day... How many events can you participate in? For example, is it 20 bux per day to participate in as many events as you want? such as... MX, Hare scramble, and lights MX, or is it 20$ per event. For mx, do you have 1 pactice, and 2 motos? hows all that work? If I go, I will probaly be going with beefking, and well be campin out.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
im not sure about all of this but do a search, i remember reading every question possible about dirtweek, should all be there.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
$20 per day gets you into all the events. When there are no events going on, you're free to ride on either of the tracks or in the woods. There is no fuel onsite, but the town of Stillwater is only 10 minutes away. Stillwater has lots of fast food, several hotels within 20 minutes of the track, a Super Walmart, lots of gas stations, and a lot of college kids. If you can't afford a hotel, you can camp at Cooperland for free. BSwift always provides DW attendees with a shower (he doesn't GIVE you a shower, just a place to take one).

It's quite civilized actually.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by KDXFreestyle
hi, Have a KDX200, and am interested in going to dirtweek 2004. I have some questions about i tthough.
There is no way you can understand the "Big Picture" untill you experience DW 1st hand. CLICK HERE for my lame attempt to describe my 1st DW , I've made the last two & I'll be there next year come hell or high water!

Be sure to CLICK HERE for some DW03 pictures.
btw, @ $20. clams per day, it's the cheapest vacation you'll ever experience and the one you'll remember forever!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I think there was open riding only on the 1st day the two times I've been but that's time to explore all the area. The further into the week the more events there are. There are Tag Team MX, Poker MX, Team Hare Scramble, Hare Scrambles, GP stuff and all other stuff through out the week. If you get adventurous you can ride over to the Stillwater 500 and that's take you about a days worth of riding I'm told. If there are no events scheduled you are welcome to get anywhere from just yourself to a couple hundred of your newest / closest buddies to do an event with you. I promise you won't be hunting for something to do.

As for camping, you can pitch a tent, sleep in the back of you truck, crash in the car, bumb a night in someones RV or tent and eat thier food too probably. It's a free for all so to speak. You will have the memory of a lifetime I guarentee!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Pits are like at any race sleep in what you bring from tents to land yachts.
There are events each day (and some nights) but keep in mind that this is not about competition. If you are there to be the fastest and win trophys it would not be for you. The emphasis is on meeting, socializing, and riding with some of the best people in the world. The one place where the competition gets going is the night time bench racing.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The most important events aren't organized.  Finding out the "guy" your mixing it up with in the woods or on the track is a REAL National Champion.  Then when you meet him in the pits, you would have thought the "guy" has known you all of your life. 

Now, for myself, all 150#'s of me, the food is delictable.  There are many DRN'rs that not only ride good, that fix viddles, wellll..doggies, good. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you can get more for $20 a day than you can at DirtWeek you should also be able to squeeze a washer between your fingers and make a quarter. You should NOT expect any highly professional running of the event, we do the best we can but there ain't nobody gettin' rich off your $20 every day. What you can expect is a good time and good people at a great facility. You can expect to meet people that will typically treat you better than your family and won't hold any stupidity you create against ya' until Aunt Eula's funeral. If you come with a good attitude and the idea that it's all for fun you'll have the time of your life.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ya, thanks guys, thats all I want. 1 straight week of dirtbikers and hanging out with everyone thats does it. I know its all about fun, and thats all I want to happen. Im looking to have a good time. but i mean for 20 bux a day, that is UNBELIEVEABLE!!! For me to race here at middleboro, ma, its 50$ if your not a member, and 40 if you are. PER DAY. thats with all the gate feese for 1 person, (10$) the race class (20$) a late fee for signing up on race day (10$) and a 10$ 1 day membership if you rnot a mamber, or forget your NCSC card. now THIS is a good deal! dirt week... I pray I see you!

Top Bottom