RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Let me just state that this is a lesson I have just learned regarding selling parts. From now on, Pay Pal is a must!

Here is my story. I posted some stock KDX parts for sell on DRN. Sold most of it with no problems, as most DRNers are great to deal with, like a family. Had this one guy, d.r., who wanted to buy some stock bars from me. My conditions of sale for all of my stuff is via Pay Pal, no hassles and you can verify the shipping address. Well, d.r., could not get PP setup so he emailed me asking if I would accept a personal check. I reluctantly agreed, would of preferred PP or a money order, but this guy is like 60 years old and seemed 'old school' to me, I figured his word was enough. Well, I received the check and it cleared with no problems, but d.r. never gave me a shipping address! So I emailed him asking for the shipping address, to which he never responed. Three emails later and still no response. So I figure he will email me sooner or later... Well, this guy posts to one of my current threads:

Originally posted by d rockwell
RTL Remember me the guy that mailed you a check for the $17 handle bars? The check cleared your bank 1/24/03...Since your avoiding my E-mail Mikeb said it's ok to use the forum to answer, Where are those handle bars??? Dave Rockwell

My Response was:

David, this has me a little miffed my man . First, let's get one thing really clear here, I HAVE NOT NOR DID I EVER AVOID YOUR EMAIL! As a matter of fact, I have sent you two emails stating that I need your shipping address, that my wife threw away the envelop you sent with the check, assuming that it contained the shipping address in the first place! Did you receive my emails that I sent you requesting your shipping address? I have them still, and would have no problem producing them for your review.... Can you produce your missing or undelivered emails? I think you had better get someone to help you out there with your email prowess. Are you saying that you could not reach me via my email? If so, I find that hard to believe since everyone else on this site reaches me daily with my email address. In fact, I have corresponed with you on several occasions with the same email address. What gives?

So you see, this could happen to you too! I have made tons of deals within the DRN family, most with Pay Pal, never a problem. Unregistered users plus NO Pay Pal = NO DEAL..

I'm open to any and all advice :|

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I cleaned up the posts in the KDX forum. Don't lose sleep over it, there is one in every crowd. ;)

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Thanks Rich.

I went back and softened up my post, I just felt bad about it... Still, lesson learned. :o

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Amazingly Mr. Rockwells email is working fine now and he still wants the bars. Hmmmmm :think: I guess he found that Send/Receive button! :laugh:

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
A caution here: paypal will only work to refund you (if you get a bum seller) if you complain within 30 days of the transfer. It's recommended you pay via VISA THROUGH paypal so you may utilize their online fraud protection as well.

Top Bottom