selling my 99CR125 for a 99YZ125....should i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
a guy who i work with wants to buy my 99 cr125, i have a brand new fatty and powercoreII silencer w/boyesen CF reeds and RAD valve, how much should i ask for it? i clean the air filter every ride and just put a new-top end in, bikes never been laid down and is mechanically sound. i plan on buying a 99 or 00 yz125, any pro's and con's about the yz's? i hear the motors are NUTZ!!!!!!!!

89vett

Aug 6, 2000
I would keep the bike you have now.I say this for several reasons.I
don't know how good of a rider you are but if you are not a pro you will be
hard pressed to find any differences in the power of the two bikes.Your
CR with the mods listed may even have slightly more power than a stock
YZ.And in my opinion the Honda has a better fit and finish.The Honda is lighter than the YZ and has a better all aluminum frame.I would keep the
Honda.
89vett
2000 CR125r

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
I have a 99 YZ125 and I have ridden a 99 CR125 my YZ is faster than the CR, but I liked the CR's layout compared to my YZ(didn't feel as cramped) The 99 YZ 125 has a large exhaust port and needs a ring every 8 to 10 hours riding time. If you like your bike I would keep it, but if yours is worn out I would buy a newer bike. Honda's are tough to beat quality wise!

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
I've been riding for over 3 years now and that's my first bike I ever owned was that 99CR125. It feels flat on the top end and it doesnt even rev out, its all bottom to a nice-mid range but thats it. A friend of mine had a 95CR125 and that was a sweet bike, just kept on making rpm's even at top speeds. But I wanna upgrade to something a little more faster. I know the YZ's have been 125 bike of the year for awhile now so I'm going from red to blue. :cool:

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
With all the bolt-on mods you got, the jetting must be pretty screwed. You would never believe how much jetting can change the power characteristics. Get someone to tune your jetting crisp on all three circuits. It takes quite a while but it is worth it!! You can be fiddling for up to two hours assembling and disasembling the carb just to get it sorted but it pays off.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
you really have too like the the black airbox though! Compaired too the white ones on the 2001's! I wonder if the 99 airbox would fit onto the 2001:think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom