Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by MadEarthWorm
I may get a pair of boots since I'm planning on getting a bike anyway.

Ahhhhhh, the first step is always the easy one. Then you spiral down into the depths of emotion that surface when you see a bike that is (insert here - newer, tricker, more powerful) than your current steed. Caution is tossed to the wind and you soon toss your old friend aside for a new, more shiny, partner. Soon you have to have the newest of everything and will not even consider help until you find yourself longing for those new WHITE boots in the box by the door in the shop where everyone calls you by NAME and has committed your Master Card number to heart ... :)

Welcome to our little edge of the world. :thumb: Gomer will take GOOD care of you.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
PSSSST! sign up now for DW04. Then you get to meet the whole family. Maybe one of the Damn Yankees will give you and your bike a ride.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

Soon you have to have the newest of everything and will not even consider help until you find yourself longing for those new WHITE boots in the box by the door in the shop where everyone calls you by NAME and has committed your Master Card number to heart ... :)

DANG, there goes my new strategy to actually SAVE some money. I already look at all the stuff for sale and start drooling. The hard part will be buying what I need and not what I want I guess.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Poor Ivan never crashes his own bike but always crashes someone elses!

Yeah but at least my bike is running:eek:

LOL!

I am putting a challenge on you to get your bike running before MadEarthWorm gets a bike... my money is on MadEarthWorm!!

Ivan
PS... MadEarthWorm, abusing Gomer is the DRN past time. If he falls around you make sure you take a stick and poke him with it!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
DANG, there goes my new strategy to actually SAVE some money. I already look at all the stuff for sale and start drooling. The hard part will be buying what I need and not what I want I guess.

Just remember ... It only takes 15 minutes to LOOK like a motocrosser, but it takes many years to become one. Enjoy the discovery and learning process. It is one of the many fun aspects of riding dirt bikes.

Good Luck! Take it easy and listen to what Gomer tells you. He is a great guy and will steer you right. :thumb:

Like slo' mo said, watch for DW '04 signup. It will be worth your time. Earmark the last week of Sept and the first week of Oct. It will likely be one or the other of those two weeks. :aj:

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003

Just remember ... It only takes 15 minutes to LOOK like a motocrosser, but it takes many years to become one. Enjoy the discovery and learning process. It is one of the many fun aspects of riding dirt bikes...Like slo' mo said, watch for DW '04 signup. It will be worth your time.

No doubt on all counts. I've reading the MX mags for a long time and like anything else that's popular there are tons of people selling something for it. I've known a ton of mountain bikers that had the latest gear but the only thing they practiced was kissing trees and endos.

With practice, I'm sure by the time DW '04 rolls around I should be decent enough to participate, unless of course after Sunday it is painfully obvious that I have ZERO ability on a dirtbike.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
With practice, I'm sure by the time DW '04 rolls around I should be decent enough to participate, unless of course after Sunday it is painfully obvious that I have ZERO ability on a dirtbike.

Sir ... If you have ZERO ability you have to come. Many of us have less than ZERO, but we still have fun. I rode 20 minutes before breaking my foot at DW '02 and I rode maybe an a hour or so at DW '03. That being said, I had the time of my life and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I am already counting the days until DW '04.

B

biglou

Just remember ... It only takes 15 minutes to LOOK like a motocrosser...
Guilty! :aj:

M.E.W.-Trust me on this, talent is not a requirement to hang out or ride with anyone in this group! :laugh:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Oh yea,...and dont trust anyone NOT riding an orange bike.. :moon:

>ducking & running out of the room<

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by Shaw520
Oh yea,...and dont trust anyone NOT riding an orange bike.. :moon:

>ducking & running out of the room<
People *ride* those things?!?  I thought they just worked on them. :scream:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
People *ride* those things?!?  I thought they just worked on them. :scream:

.................AND WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU RODE YOUR BIKE GOOMER?
OH THATS RIGHT, HONDAS NEVER BREAK.............IF YOU LEAVE THEM IN THE GARAGE (BROKE) AND RIDE KTMS :moon: :laugh:

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003

Sir ... If you have ZERO ability you have to come. Many of us have less than ZERO, but we still have fun.

Fun seems to be the operative word around here. I'm down with that. I'll have a full report Sunday night. I was thinking of getting a new car but I may hold off a little bit and get the bike sooner.

During the winter months (when there is no snow) where I live in the DC/MD area I see people almost every weekend going somewhere with their bikes so I think I could still use it if I got in the next month or so.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Hey MadEarthWorm,

You must know that one of the requirements for being part of this forum and riding a dirtbike is to post a ride report of your experiences after each ride. So let's hear it man! Did you ride Gomer's YZ?

Top Bottom