Send the USA Women's ISDE Team to France!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Your help needed!

I am setting up a sponsorship fund to help ease the cost for our Women's team to attend this year's ISDE. Three women are on the team, and two of them are regular DRN members-- Girlrider and SMoody! Unfortunately, it will cost them nearly $7000 each to attend the event. Help is needed to defray the expenses of the trip.

To that end, DRN will be providing a sponsorship package consisting of a DRN T-shirt, fender stickers, and team stickers for each of the three riders. What the ladies need most is money though, and I'm asking for your support. A Women's ISDE sponsorship fund has been established to collect money which will be distributed among our three riders.

If you would like to help (and participation is purely voluntary!) please send a check or money order to:

Women's ISDE Sponsorship
c/o Lori Kennel
P.O. Box 218
Corning, NY 14830

Checks should be made out to: DRN Sponsorship/ Lori Kennel
Please donate whatever amount you are comfortable with.

Deadline is August 6th, as our women will be flying out on the 21st to France. The funds will be divided evenly (I will add the balance) to the three riders, and sent out with their DRN package. If you would like to add a note or a card to wish them good luck, I'll send those along as well.

Let's show the ISDE the strength of the DRN family, and help Nicole, Suzy, and Amanda reach their dreams!

:) :) :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm down with some dollars! Very cool Lori. Good luck ladies!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Count me in!!

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
Glad to help!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Even though I have next to no money, I'd like to help. So I guess I can try and scrape together a little money. At least I've got till August...

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow! What a great response. Keep those letters rolling in. :)

I have also set up a paypal account. Just go to www.paypal.com, and use my e-mail address-- lskennl@aol.com
You can donate using your credit card. Save a stamp!

Okie's putting together a special page for the Women's ISDE support. We hope to get pics and bios of the riders to put there, so everyone can see who these talented ladies are! Stay tuned.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
sorry I forgot

Check went into the mail today. Got busy and the holiday forgot :confused:
Hope the effort is working:)
Thekid saw the check sitting on the counter and asked what it was for. When I told him he dug $10 out of his bank (money he has been saving to buy a RC car) so that's the reason for the cash in the envelope:)

Last edited:

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Lori,

I think this is important enough to be kicked to the top. I know I was stoked to help out. Because I never really visit the womens forum, I never would have seen it if it weren't kicked to the top in the Advanced Forum by Rich. I think more people might make a donation if they see it. Just a suggestion, but I think it must be being overlooked, otherwise more DRN'rs would certainly jump in more to help out. I want to see the US team kick some French butt. :D Anything that can be done to help, certainly should be attempted. $7000.00 ain't cheap. I think what you have done is excellent. Keep it goin'. :)

Later,
Andy

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
I would love to support the team. I hope it isn't too late. I will send a check tonite. I just found this thread as well.

Good luck girls;)

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks for the continued support! Once again, the DRN family has shown that it is more than the sum of it's members. :)
Just about brings a tear to my eye, and I'm not even going to the ISDE!

We have about 2 weeks left before I'll be sending the packages out, so if you still like to participate, put those letters in the mail or visit paypal.

Thanks everyone!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Did we make a dent?

Lori, with the deadline looming maybe a couple last minute contributions could be made by www.paypal.com
posted by LoriKTM:
I have also set up a paypal account. Just go to www.paypal.com, and use my e-mail address-- lskennl@aol.com

Hope we can make a small differance for these ladies:)

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We're making a dent. A small one, but every little bit helps.

This is it! Last week for donations! I'll need to get everything together to send out next week. If you still want to help out, go to
www.paypal.com and use my e-mail address-- lskennl@aol.com

Thanks again!

mmm08281

Jul 8, 2001
Thank you Everyone!

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for your help and support!! Everything will help and we (Suzy, Nicole and myself) will be sure and make everyone proud that there was a Women's Team. THANK YOU AGAIN!!:)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Amanda, welcome to DRN.
I personally think it's great there's a women's team, no matter what
country you're from (we don't send teams unless the ISDE is in
Australia, it just costs too much, however we all think of Stefan
Merriman as a Kiwi, even though he now has Australian citizenship).
All my friends over here have heard all about the 3 of you, and they
think you're cool too - no matter what the results are.

Good luck to the three of you, I hope it all goes well and that you
beat the rider you're competing with (i.e. in Nicole's words,
yourself). I wish I could have contributed, but unfortunately, just
cannot afford to at this time.
Michelle

mmm08281

Jul 8, 2001
Michelle~~~
Thank you for the support. That's the most important thing because that's what will keep this going after this year. The more people that support us and the better we do, the better the chances are that more women will come out and try next year. And that's what we need!! ~~Amanda~~

Top Bottom