Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I just read the rule book for SERA and it states that all gas stops are to be at no more than 45 miles. Is this rule strictly followed? Or do some events go farther?

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Bandit,
For a SERA sanctioned event 45 miles is the rule. You will rarely see a SERA race go further than 35 miles. The terrain and speed averages of most SERA races make it difficult for a bike to make more than 45 miles to the tank. At the Acadiana Dirt Riders national last year the 3rd loop was 36 ground miles, I gave the riders a gas available at 30 miles out. Some of the converted MX bikes needed gas. This was a fairly open trail, but efficiency goes down with difficulty of terrain, ie. mud, logs, hills, rocks, tight trails, etc.
In the typical SERA race there arent too many fourth gear sections. :thumb:

The AMA requires gas stops to be no further than 50 ground miles at a national.

See you on the trail. :aj:

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Thanks Darin, and yes I have a MX bike. I rode at Breezy this weekend and did about 40 miles on my stock tank. I think I will just wing it on the tank and buy a computer first. Thanks again for the info.

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
On my KTM 200exc i can't go but 37 miles if i'am lucky with my stock tank, and on my RM250 with a 3.2 gallon tank i can only go 32 miles.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
The gas stop at the MS SERA race was way shorter than that. I was on the short course and the whole short course was 38 miles. I think the 1st gas stop was maybe at 25 - 30 miles. My buddy and I are on KDX's and we didn't even take a gas can to the gas stop.

Top Bottom