Service Honda - Why the love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
There is nothing wrong with venting about a situation that has proved to be quite frustrating. People do it here on a variety of things so why would Service Honda immune? I'm honest about my dealings with any company and they serve to let others know what happened and what, if any, resolution was reached.

Now, I did just get off the phone with them. I spoke with Mark and then Sue the parts manager. Mark was the first one to actually explain why the problems occured. He found the error that they entered the wrong part # in twice instead of the two different part #'s. Kudo's to Mark.

Then I spoke with Sue. We talked about the website, superceded part #'s, etc. She was very helpful and pleasant to speak with. She seems to take a genuine interest in taking care of any problems.

Anyways, they are sending me the correct grommet that was not shipped and, after speaking with them, I will give them another shot when I need OEM parts. They earned that by taking the time to communicate the real issues and not trying to blow smoke up my rear.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Yes two seperate issues for sure.

Appreciate the opportunity to both vent them here, and resolve things.
Yamaha not only supeceded some part numbers ,but actually discontinued one part and replaced it with another. (not just a new number)
(updated part and it carried the higher cost to us ,and to you,which normally you would be notified)
The rest was on us ,and thank you for the patience in resolving it.

AJ

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't imagine many other vendors would jump in the mix on a public forum and work to get things resolved like this. Just another reason SH will continue to be my primary source for OEM and aftermarket parts. :cool: :cool:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
SS109- People here are extremely loyal to both sponsors and their friends to be sure, so to them it might seem like a ballsy move to criticize SH. I have seen other members go public with complaints against vendors they are frustrated with- the aim being to get some action on a problem. You are correct it isn't inappropriate, even if hard to see a friend and sponsor take the heat.

AJ is a topnotch guy-one of the nicest you'll meet, but business isn't just about that, and we all know it. A friend of mine once quoted some Japanese guy or other that 99% of learning is from our mistakes. (I'm making up the number.) I am glad for both Service Honda and you that the issue got vetted. They might not have known about the other consequences of the web transition but for you speaking up. The cracks in good service.

I used to use a friend's shop for my car repairs...but his friendship wasn't enough to stand up to my needs in good communication and fair prices. (And he didn't seem to know alot about what was going on with the mechanical end of his business anymore- the part I was paying for out of loyalty.) I now take my cars to other mechanics who communicate with me honestly, don't try to upsell me unneeded "preventative maintenance", and understand my financial limitations on what I can repair when and help me prioritize those things without compromising safety. They aren't friends, but, they have my loyalty by performing conscientiously.

Anyway, interesting vetting and venting.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
AJ Waggoner said:
Yes two seperate issues for sure.

Appreciate the opportunity to both vent them here, and resolve things.
Yamaha not only supeceded some part numbers ,but actually discontinued one part and replaced it with another. (not just a new number)
(updated part and it carried the higher cost to us ,and to you,which normally you would be notified)
The rest was on us ,and thank you for the patience in resolving it.

AJ
AJ, Sue did say that you talked with her. I really appreciate you taking the time to get involved and it should definately go to show that you are a standup guy. You guys and gals have earned another chance from me. :cool:

Patman said:
I don't imagine many other vendors would jump in the mix on a public forum and work to get things resolved like this. Just another reason SH will continue to be my primary source for OEM and aftermarket parts. :cool: :cool:
True, a lot don't. One of the many reasons now that I feel they have turned a negative around and made me feel that doing biz with them again is worth it.

fatcat, I completely agree and understand how people feel. I also understand your situation with your friend as I have been there myself.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The funny part about all this is that it could have been easily resolved with a phone call :laugh:

SH didn't respond BECAUSE of the thread they responded to it just like they would have a phone call. A lot of times it's easier to hide behind the Internet and make a gripe rather than confront the situation directly. I think this also might apply to fatcat's situation as well. Friends are not telepathic and should be able to take comments from a friend. If they can't can you really say they are a friend? Not really.

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
You are probably right, that maybe I can't say my friend is my friend. I tend to use the term fairly loosely- but he only had my business because he was a running buddy, and seemed like an upright guy. Which he is...

But, I'm no ballbuster. When I did talk to him about my car and tried to get a handle on the repairs, and my intuitive sense that what I was being told to replace wasn't the real problem...it was he who shrugged and said he was out of touch with that part of his business.

I'll still use him for towing, but, I've found people that I can communicate better with, who provide honest reliable service. I do not think my friend is dishonest either. I don't hold it against him that he was unconcerned about what was going on with my car. He doesn't have to babysit me, I'm a big girl. But when it comes to spending money, I'm going to give it to the place I have the most confidence in.

I do expect someone to communicate with me and not shrug me off- when I am standing face to face with him in his shop- paying my bill. So there ya go. Maybe "a phone call" ? Hiding behind the internet? Kind of a presumptuous statement to be sure. And completely wrong. I am sure you've never made incorrect statements, so, I'll cut you some slack for a first time situation.

You and I both know that not every human is perfect, nor every business transaction. That mistakes happen, and sometimes people are willing to fix them, sometimes they are too apathetic to even help you understand, even if it wasn't a "mistake". But yeah, you are probably right...someone you run with for a few years doesn't a friend make. They are just someone you run with.

However, I certainly wouldn't hold his lack of interest in my business against him in the friendship department. I like him for who he is outside his business. I take my business elsewhere and just consider it an imperfect fit. He's still a super nice person, still teaches Sunday school, is good to his wife, pleasant person. Whether that makes us friends or not, I do not really care. The sort of label I do not really need in telling me how to interact with him. I like him. Good enough for me.

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
One other question I'm not getting- is- if SS109 didn't make an attempt to get the problem resolved who the hell is Jen:

ss109 said:
Now, Jen pointed me to the standard disclaimer "prices subject to change without notice" on their site and that basically I'm SOL. Well, unless I want to return it all and incur the 25% restocking fee, ofcourse.

Again- seems to be a presumptuous overstatement. We'll still count that as one incorrect statement for you Patman, seeings as it was in the same post.

I typically HAVE to use email to communicate with many business transactions, because I am unavailable by phone by day. (job and commute thing.)

My point was merely that vetting issues makes us all better at what we do- if we care enough to look, see if there is a problem or miscommunication, then attempt to rectify it.

Cudos to AJ for being that kind of guy.

(Of course, I've heard dolphins are impeccable judges of character AJ so would expect nothing less ;) .)

Last edited:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
fatcat216v2 said:
One other question I'm not getting- is- if SS109 didn't make an attempt to get the problem resolved who the hell is Jen:
Exactly. I did try to get the situation resolved before posting up anything here. I haven't posted about this on any other online forum and I belong to a few of them (ThumperTalk, KDXRider, ArizonaTrailTalk) Anyways, if you operate an online business then I expect that you should be able to fix problems online as well. I do believe SH is addressing the issue and hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Patman, to accuse me of hiding behind the internet is pure B.S. My name is Kelly VanArsdale. AJ can confirm that. Everyone involved in this situation at Service Honda knows my name. They have my address and phone number as well. How the **** is that hiding behind the internet? I have been honest about what happened, what I was told by SH, and how the situation has been resolved. Isn't that out in the open enough?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Perhaps go re-read things before getting so emotional. I think I made my points on the situation clear, if going thru and re-reading things can't clear it up I doubt another post will either but I'll try a couple more times.

I'm sure there are plenty of "reasons" that a phone call to place the original order couldn't be made. Heck I've only done it from a pre-printed list with prices and numbers from my cell phone on my commute a few times :laugh: I've got too much experience with people not getting emails, not understanding them, or just not reading in to them what was intended :think: (much like this thread LOL!)

Different people have different ideas of what a "friend" is. In this day of facebook type sites users with hundreds of friends, people they have never met or only meet in a casual situation I can see how the term gets used in a lose manner. To me a freind is somebody you can count on to do the right thing. Sometimes that's what you want and someimes it's what they think is best for you. Bottom line friends care, people you know will be friendly but may not have your best interests in mind. I know who my friends are, they will have my back, they will kick me in the butt when I need it and I will do the same for them. Try finding people like that and see if there is a difference in the results you get.

Sure hope that clears things up and if not I'll really not lose any sleep over it. Besides this is after all the Flame forum and if you can't stand the heat...

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
friends test

Attachments

• your-500x475[1].jpg
    your-500x475[1].jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 200

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
AWESOME! :rotfl:

It also happens to work with Gomer as long as you leave some Schlitz & Moon Pies in the trunk with him.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Patman said:
AWESOME! :rotfl:

It also happens to work with Gomer as long as you leave some Schlitz & Moon Pies in the trunk with him.
Gomer, Schlitz, and Moonpies- I would suggest just having the car crushed it will not be pleasant ever again in there

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
Gomer is too cripped up to get into a trunk- even with the lure of moonpies and schlitz.

as to friends- I keep pretty low standards on what I consider a friend or expect of them. lol. I would think low standards would be a requisite trait of anyone who hangs out in this place. :uh: :p

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
fatcat216v2 said:
I would think low standards would be a requisite trait of anyone who hangs out in this place. :uh: :p

If we don't measure up to your standards fatcat, I'm sure there are a lot of sites out there that do.

Stick a fork in this one. We're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom