May 10, 2007
ok first i didnt know where to put this so i put it here to be safe.

my question is

do other brands have the equivilent of service honda.

and my second question is why do you get a discount from service honda??

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
flyingfuzzball said:
ok first i didnt know where to put this so i put it here to be safe.

my question is

do other brands have the equivilent of service honda.

and my second question is why do you get a discount from service honda??
Service Honda is a one of a kind dealership in that they have a fanatic fabricator that just can not stand to see any bike go unimproved. Other brands may have knockoffs but none can match Service Hondas products.
As to why you get a discount- Service Honda is smart enough to realize that bikers who realize that DRN is the best website about dirtbikes are also those that understand the importance of getting great service/parts at the best price.
Besides the guys at SH are just nice guys that like to ride as much as any of us do

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Service Honda is just about the only dealership that deals online. They have a huge customer base as a result. Since they move more parts than any other dealership, they can sell at a smaller profit margin and still turn an acceptable profit overall. It kind of makes you upset when you compare the prices, though. A cylinder through service for an 02 CR was $320. Through a dealer was over $500. Service Honda is still probably turning a nice profit on the $320. The mark-up at some dealerships is ridiculous.

And, they are probably more interested in supporting the riding hobby and supporting their shop than they are turning huge profits.

May 10, 2007
yea i was looking at their site cuz they have their bikes cheaper then the dealers by almost 1k

and i had to take a look at the 500 while i was there ;)

also what do you race those 500's in?? they just have so much frikken power

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
500's are for open class MX and hill climbing. The work fine for everything else, as long as you know throttle control. The KX500's used to be popular in Baja, I never heard much about the Hondas down there.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
500's are for open class MX and hill climbing. The work fine for everything else, as long as you know throttle control. The KX500's used to be popular in Baja, I never heard much about the Hondas down there.
More words of wisdom? Againg proving that you are NOT Mr. KNow it all but want to come across that way. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Let's look at some of the statements made...

76GMC1500 said:
Service Honda is just about the only dealership that deals online.
WRONG! There are many dealership with Internet sales of bikes and parts. Serive Honda just does it better with a great site, a super staff, pricing and Service.

76GMC1500 said:
And, they are probably more interested in supporting the riding hobby and supporting their shop than they are turning huge profits.
Gregg is a business owner and you stay in business to make a profit. Service Honda is a very large operation compared to most other shops. They got that way by making money but instead of gouging the customer they give a reasonable price with exceptional service hence people return.

76GMC1500 said:
500's also happen to compete at outlaw tracks and in vet classes. The AF is used by most of the distance jumpers. I'm more concerned on a 125 with throttle position than a 500 because the power delivery is actually more linear on a 500. The CR500AF has also been used in Super Moto, is a top choice of dune riders, and yes Virginia even shows up in the desert.

Of course little of this deals with answering the original question but it provided yet another place for Mr. Know it all to try and be a self appointed authority. :laugh:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When Hughey Brooks first opened Service he redefined 20 percent off when you bought a bike from him,it was over dealer net pricing!Shops offer 10 percent off retail are not helping you much at all.With an average of 200 percent mark up it leaves a lot of room!When that shop was lees honda it was a pigsty,no dirtbike parts and no deals!Jeff and Hughey had a new way!Now Greg has grown it into a parts and specialized dirtbike shop unmatched by any other dealer I have ever had contact with!Great pricing,staff and in my backyard!Excellent!there are a couple of other big names available to me like pro source and dgy,Rusty is not bad but dgy adds price on top of retail,and if you ever seen their shop you would know why!And I met Mr. Know it all once,never buy a bike from him if you expect to pick it up and leave,you do not leave until he explains a couple of things!!!!!And to find out later that he had help on all those snappy comebacks!Where is Vic now?Did he ever market a tux race outfit,I know a guy who could use one!

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
True Bob but Hugh didnt really care if he catered to dirtbikers or Goldwingers as long as he made some money. Doug Goins in the early 90's turned that shop around.When Greg bought it from Hugh the ball was already in motion.Myself and my son David were racing for Doug actually, AJ sold his Yamaha and bought a CR, Ger, Perry,Scottie Miller,Dave Simnick,Joe Surf, Greg Holman etc etc. The big diffrence was you didnt need an "A" card to get help with your racing, it was Grass Roots and Redbuds Grass Race.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
The KX500's used to be popular in Baja, I never heard much about the Hondas down there.

Really? Never heard much about the Hondas in Baja??? :coocoo: :laugh: :rotfl:

Your comments continue to amaze me gmc. :nod:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
The KX500's used to be popular in Baja, I never heard much about the Hondas down there.

That Campbell fella, what color bike does he ride? :coocoo:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Yeah. And wasn't there a guy in the 80's named Al Baker and some new kids named Kendall Norman and Robbie Bell? :rotfl:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A modded 450 honda,set up for BAJA!That would be insane,and so was Dust To Glory,new best movie ever!And did you see the winners,the support teams,not one green bike,must be a prejudice movie.Definitely on my wish list of things to do.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
what the...I slack off for a while, and someone else takes over as the know it all? I didn't sign off on that!

seriously, AJ and Greg(?) were kind enough to let me try a 500AF, and it is one fine unit indeed. Even on a tight track it was fun, can't imagine how it would be in sand with a paddle tire! :ride:

Top Bottom