BermBuster

Apr 17, 2001
I'm 6'2" , 200 lbs and ride MX (and a little woods riding also).

Do you think I get skate with the stock springs, valving?

Any suggestion on front / rear setup would be appreciated. I'm going to test the stock settings for a while, and then possibly get MX-Tech to rework them (front first, then rear) when I get some down time.

Thanks.

Mxracer510

May 7, 2000
HEy berm,

You just have all sorts of questions about your new bike huh? Well,depending on how good of a rider you are I would think you would need to go to some .45's in the front. The stock's are .43 and deffiently to light for you. Now on the rear it might help you to go to a 4.95 or a 5.15 most likely the 4.95 to get it right. Basically with these springs in it you will be able to have more stiff suspension for bottoming resistence yet you will be able to sofen up the clickers and make it to where its plusher in the intial stroke of the suspension. Then with those springs in it you should be able to set the sag and be within one or two clicks of the stock settings in getting it right. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BermBuster

Apr 17, 2001
THanks for the input.

And yes, I'm like a kid in a candy store with my new bike.

I'm just anxious to address its shortcomings right away. I really appreciate the useful info this forum has provided to me during my decision process (between the '00 and '01).

This forum is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man.

Top Bottom