shaving the cases to install an rm 144 kit.

250racing

Aug 26, 2002
Hi guys;

i just got a 144 cylinder kit from eric gorr (words cant describe his work and service) that is ready to be assembled. unfortunately i dont know how to modify the cases.

i`m eager to ride my bike but i dont want to damage it. does anybody know how to do it or has done it before on a 04 rm 144?

does anybody have a pic of what needs to be done?

250racing

Aug 26, 2002
_JOE_ said:

Unfortunately Eric is very busy (Loretta Lynns and another amateur race) he told me what to do by phone yesterday but wanted to have some graphic help. (picture or drawing) because english is my 2nd language and i prefer to be safe than sorry.

he told me to put the cylinder in place without the piston and head and see through the bore whatever material from the cases that is in the way on the exhaust side should be removed.

250racing

Aug 26, 2002
was at san antonio and houston last week bought one of eric`s books at a mall and a picture of this topic is shown on the big bore chapter. thanks.

now i got a few jets while being there next step is to jet the bike properly.

250racing

Aug 26, 2002
finally got the bike running well no spooge and the plugs ceramic is tan colored. its a lot more powerful but still easier to ride went to a stock (50 t) rear sprocket was running a 52 before the mods. and still accelerates quicker from the bottom and no bogging or anything.

lin842

Aug 20, 2007
250racing said:
finally got the bike running well no spooge and the plugs ceramic is tan colored. its a lot more powerful but still easier to ride went to a stock (50 t) rear sprocket was running a 52 before the mods. and still accelerates quicker from the bottom and no bogging or anything.

Well what did you end up with jet wise?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom