Zuk Rider

May 9, 2006
I have a 2001 RM250 and I changed my oil today and there was very fine metal shavings in it and im just curious on HOW bad this is.. I know its not a good thing but my bike is still running strong, no strange sounds or knocking coming from the top or bottom end. Should I do a complete engine rebuild to be safe? If I could get some feedback on this, that would be awesome!

thanks alot!

adamant

Mar 20, 2006
Nothing out of the normal there just keep up with the oil changes long as the bike runs ok your always going to get little bits in the oil from all the moving parts. Iv had them in mine & its fine :cool:

skipn8r

Mar 10, 2004
Depending on how long you run it, trans oil can have a lot of shavings in it. Assuming everything is OK mechanically, you might want to change the oil more frequently; you'll have less crap floating around in there which should help the clutch and tranny live longer.

Zuk Rider

May 9, 2006
Well that sure makes me feel better. haha well thanks for the info guys. This was the first time I've seen shavings in the oil. But I did go on a really long ride the last time I went out.

May 18, 2006
I have a magnetic drain plug in my 00 rm250, when i change the oil its always a few fine shavings stuck to it. if your worried about them floating around you could get one of these plugs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom