goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Is there anyway to adjust the distance between the shift pedal and the footpeg? I'am new to dirt bikes and have had my KDX for about a month now and have been riding in a pair of Timberland boots and had no problem shifting in these. Today I got a pair of Alpinestar M4's and because I wear a size 12 it is extremely difficult to get my foot under the shift pedal without sitting completely up against the radiator shrouds. With MX boots do you just shift with the metal plates attached to the front of the soles or are you supposed to be able to get your foot under the shift pedal without sitting completely upfront on the bike? I didn't shift as bad when I first got the bike as I do now with these boots. Please help. Thanks

Timbo125

May 16, 2001
if you look where the shifter pedal is attached to, there a screw on top of it that keeps it on the bike. take it off and slide the pedal off and put it back on to where ever angle up you need, put the screw back on and ride on.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I had the same problem. I would also mark the point on the part that comes out of the engine and the lever so that you can remeber you starting point. I keep mine high so that I almost have scoot my foot up to shift. I had a problem with hit bumps and up shifting. Also works much better once you get the boots broken in. I took my tools to were I ride and did some trial and error testing to find what works for me. Timbo125's directions will work to get it on an off.

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I WEAR A SIZE 16,AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.ONE SPLINE UP WAS TOO HIGH .ONE SPLINE DOWN WAS TOO LOW.I TOOK THE SHIFT LEVER OFF AND BENT IT IN CLOSER TO THE ENGINE AND UP UNTIL IT WAS COMFORTABLE FOR ME.IT TAKES A LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR,BUT IT'S WORTH IT.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I had the same problem as you also bigfoot. I did not bend it though. I have thought off it, but I did not want to weeken it. I just learned to deal with it high and It cured my bump problem. I never have got used to that shifting with the metal edge part or the boot. I still use the top of my foot. I find that I have no problems with it any more.

Top Bottom