Shock bladdar exploding

dirtdude007

Feb 4, 2003
the bladdar in my shock is breaking, :bang: ive already been through two now. i am following directions on rebuilding shocks from Eric Gorr's book. i havent the slightest idea why they are breaking, there is a little hole in the top part of the bladdar and it is in the same place as the previous bladdar that broke. what am i doing wrong or what is happening. any advice would be of assistance.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
It sounds to me the top part of the bladder may have been rubbing on the port towards the comp adjuster. This is mostly due to a rebuild with too little oil volume. This in turn would make the bladder expand too much once filled with nitrogen. One common reason for this is improper air bleeding before seating the seal head. Your bladder should be very close to its natural position in the shock when it is extended. Good luck!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Another reason is maybe you have been supplied with the wrong lenght bladder-check to see if you have the right one, i think they go
110mm
90mm
65mm.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
What bike is this. If it is for the CR125 and you have a 46mm shock. The correct length should be 103mm as per race tech.

Erik

dirtdude007

Feb 4, 2003
ok im thinking about my bleeding procedures and i might have done them incorrectly. could somone post up a proper bleeding technique for me? the bike is a cr 125 1993 model, thanks for the help. i suspected that that was the problem.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Also carefully inspect the inner shock body, as it may even be a bit of a casting flaw leaving a sharp edge. I've heard of this happening, although haven't run across it myself.

dirtdude007

Feb 4, 2003
no its not a casting flaw, it is definatley a hole that appears to have been sucked through the port to the body. thanks for the help. where can i find a good resource that will show me how to bleed a shock?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
A very helpful threat with the procedures for bleeding a shock to perfection ;) ; is found here: (Click Link)

If you wand a good step by step guide with pictures, a good web site is here: (Click Link)

dirtdude007

Feb 4, 2003
thanks for the info NO HAND. ill let you know about the results when my new bladdar comes in later this week.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…