Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I need a new helmet, and my local shop has a Shoei in stock. I've got a pretty good relationship with the guys up there and they said they'd sell it to me for $300, which I know is a pretty good deal for a Shoei. It's still $300 and I'm only 15 so $300 will take a while to get. I do have a helmet that I can ride in until I get the money, and I'm wondering if the Shoei's the way to go, or should I order a cheaper helmet, I know I can get a Thor helmet(what I already had) for around $150-$175.
Thanx for any help!

B

biglou

If money's tight, I'm a big fan of the HJC CLX-4 Fuel. Roughly $125 at a good shop. Great looking helmet. That said, I did just buy the VFX-R Air Rabid from MXSouth for $377, and it is the shiznit!

Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
Thanks Big Lou, it's not that money's tight, it's just it will take me a little longer to scrounge up the money for the VFX-R. I'm just curious, and if it's to personal by all means don't answer, but where in KC do you live? I live in Blue Springs. I thought in your Air Nikki video it looked like it was shot at Merwin. Have you ever ridden any of the Missouri Hare Scrambles? They are ALOT of fun, and there are some close ones to KC. Thanx for your fast response.
P.S. How 'bout them Chiefs!!!!!

B

biglou

Yeah, the Air Nikki stuff was shot at Merwin (just added some Cooperland footage, too), and I have been to a few of the scrambles. Just to help out, though. I've marshalled for a couple of Brad Jones' events, and been in the pits for several races at Merwin, Topeka, etc. I like the woods, but unfortunately, I'm turning into more and more of a track queen these days!

If you're interested in the HJC, check out Summit Cycles. Tell new owners Lori and Ritchie that I sent ya, and they should hook you up. HJC also has the "AC-5" (I think), that is about $165 and is partically carbon fiber.

And yeah, how bout them Chiefs! Thank God the bye week is done. Now let's get back to playin' some football! :yeehaw:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I also love mine, it's my second one.. I'd say go for it if you can afford it. Just remember that it's going to be a throw-away like any other helmet after a hard impact.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom