Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Figured it was time to get off my lazy ass and get the camera out. I have always been interested in shooting into the sun, but have never really given it a real try. Took these shots just half an hour ago, and processed the RAW files. Yes your correct, I don't normally shoot in raw either ;)

2882.jpg

2831.jpg

Maybe if we still have blue skies tomorrow, I will try again.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Very nice stuff, you going to share setup, filters etc with the masses? BTW I need to send you an e-mail to talk about settings for the mkII as I'm hoping it will arrive prior to this weekend. Looking at the manual is a little overwhelming at this point, especially without the camera to play with and adjust settings as you go along.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Nothing really for setup. No filters or anything used. I first tried to set exposure for the sky and sun in full manual, then kept playing with the flash until it lit the subject that was in the foreground properly. That's it other than some slight adjustments in the Photoshop raw editor.

If you need any pointers Doug just shoot me an email. I have unlimited long distance calling so we can talk about it on the phone.

Top Bottom