shop didnt give me all my parts....

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
ok, i went to a local shop to have a new rim laced with the oem hub. i brought them a complete rear wheel. i gave them a new rim, bearings, spokes, and a brand new tire. i wanted them to lace the rim, ture it, install new bearings, and, put on my tire. i relized, they didnt give me all the parts to my rim lock. they give me the washer and bolt. i also noticed when i touched my tube air comes out og the valve. there is no needle in the valve anymore. they also didnt give me the bolt for that either. is that needle something they tke out and forgot to give me? or, just they mess up my tube? thanks for any help.

also, the reason i know all this is because my spokes didnt fit the hub. theres no room to drill so, i just grabbed everything untill my order of oem spokes come in. i ordered them myself because they were going to charge me extra.

so, i got a bunch of parts.

-mike.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
valve cores are easy to get.. You might even be able to find some at Walmart in the auto section.. Look for the tire gauges and whatnot.

As for the NUT for your rimlock & valve stem, go back to the bike shop and tell them that they you didn't get them when you picked up your wheel.. They should have them laying there somewhere.

It's not the end of the world.. Just a minor setback.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Just a word of advise...
Don't go in there all puffed up and looking to eat someones arse out over this. It will help you with nothing at all. Best way to approach it is to go in as cordial as possible and let them know that they may have actually made a mistake. They will be more than willing to help you out, and even more most likely, if you have the right attitude when approaching this.

Many times the kids working in the back are simply clueless goons. But you can bet their boss probably isn't. Best to simply assume they know what they are doing.

If you have the right attitude, and things still go bad...find another shop, and warn others of your bad experience.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
thats what i planned on doing. on a side note, wheres a good place to buy hubs?

Top Bottom