Short Guys

Mr331

Jun 23, 2004
I'm a short guy :ugg: . I gave up 2 wheelers long ago for quads. This was due to the fact that I could get all the motor I wanted and never had to touch the ground. I missed the bikes. After seeing guys like RC and Bubba handle these bikes I got to thinking how much I missed 2 wheels. These guys are not the tallest guys on the gate. What kind of modifications are done to get the bikes down to these guys level? Cutting the seat, chopping the sub-frame, reducing suspension travel are all options. I just got a '04 KX125 and wanna bring it down a bit. My question, should lowering the suspension be my last choice?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I tend to go down the cut subframe route, its the least compromised, then i would look at lowering the suspension, i dont like have no seat to protect my parts:)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
On my 99cr I elongated the holes in my subframe as much as I could and was able to get about 10mm lower. After I was sure everything would still line up I welded the holes completely shut and redrilled them as close to the square tubing as possible. That translated into lowering the rear of the seat 3/4". I also shaved the seat foam 1" and reshaped it a bit narrower. Combined with the subframe mod it made a huge difference. I felt that because I was lower and more forward on the seat my cornering was more comfortable. Being able to dab a foot on trails is a confidence builder, also.

Mr331

Jun 23, 2004
I found a lowering link for my bike (2004 KX125). Does anyone have any experience with lowering links? It won't address the front end though...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…