Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I decided to race this weekend cause I haven't gotten to do much riding this summer and it sure is showing :whiner:

I really hadn't planned on racing but I got the opportunity to do so and went for it. I spent the better part of 3 1/2 hours Sat night making some last minute changes on my bike like making the brakes work. Finally got to bed around 2am and up by 6:30 for the short ride out to the "blue groove" home track where they are doing a series. My class (the ever exciting beginner class) was really full and everyone in it was contesting points for the series that I wasn't in so I opted for the over 40 class instead, there were 7 of us. Of coarse I was on the little tiddler bike again trying to get a decent start against all the big bore pigs out there and I didn't fair too well 1st moto start. I got to the 1st turn about 3rd but the guy in front of me wouldn't move and I couldn't get around but the guys behind me seemed to find a way. I played tag along the entire moto. My thumbs begain to cramp up after about 2 laps so I just had fun riding.

Moto 2 I lined up on the outside and made it to the 1st turn in 4th position. I held that spot for 3 laps untill I over jumped a small double out of the whoop section that catapulted me high into a berm. It was then I realized I had arm pump because my left hand would not pull the clutch in when my brain told it to however my right foot did manage to stomp the brake resulting in an instant motor quit :uh: At that point the big boy toys all passed me leaving me to eat a ton of powdery dust the rest of the moto. I did manage to get some real good air that I haven't had the **lls to get in a while (the 125 was running good but I was definintly )the weak link :whiner: :whiner: )

This was my 1st day race since doing the Iron Man 1 hour moto on Memorial Day and the 1st time I raced period since the Heartland disaster at VC. In all I haven't ridden enough this summer to amount to anything but I plan on changing that starting this past weekend.

Results from my race this weekend...well, lets just say if they were counting backwards I came in 1st place. :yeehaw:

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
your'e a winner Jeff. Glad to see you are having fun, will have to hook up at dirtweek again !

Top Bottom