Short Suspension

ronhawker

May 21, 2005
I bought a 1990 KDX 200 last month and it has shortened suspension - about 2 inches shorter. When I did the front I found out that the suspension guru who did it just put another bottom damper spring in which give about 2 inches less travel. Simple and effective. And easy to change back.

I am trying to determine how he shortened the back travel. The shock length eye to eye and about a 16 3/4 inches. The preload has about 3/8 inch of thread used. The suspension links are about 5 inches eye to eye. Now, has the shock been shortened or are the links longer????

Can anybody check their links lengths and see if they are about 5 inches eye to eye center.

ronhawker

May 21, 2005
Short Thanks

Looks like it is the shock then 'cause that is the same length I measured on my links.

Thanks

ronhawker

May 21, 2005
Ok, I have the rear end apart and the shock off. Before I re-do the shock to take it back to stock travel, does anyone want to swap for a stock shock. This one was done professionally a few years ago from what I found out from the former owner. The bike is lowered about 2 inches front and rear. It runs and rides well and the kids love it. I have had it on the trails and the MX track since I bought and the suspension is really good for what is has.

You can contact me at ronhawkerazm@yahoo.com.

Ron in Phoenix, Arizona.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…