shortening seat height through suspension mods

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Does the amount of suspension lost equal direct to lowering seat height? In other words, if I need to lower the seat 1" do I then have to shorten the suspension 1" at both ends, or is it a different amount.

I'm trying to figure out how much of a tradeoff I need to get my seat down versus how much I can get by cutting the seat.

crazyrydermx

Feb 4, 2006
I would shave the seat. This will benefit you as 1" is a major loss of suspension.
I believe that 1" of lowering suspension would equal to just about 1" of seat height too...how exactly are you planning on lowering the suspension, though?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
crazyrydermx said:
I would shave the seat. This will benefit you as 1" is a major loss of suspension.
I believe that 1" of lowering suspension would equal to just about 1" of seat height too...how exactly are you planning on lowering the suspension, though?

Jeremy and most suspension guys can do it. Jeremy only charges around 20 bucks for it when doing your revalve. I just wondered if the amount is a 1:1 ratio. I've also heard it isn't, so that was why I asked. Someone told me 1" shorter suspension is more like 3" lower seat height.

Just checking to see what's true.

Top Bottom