Alex04

Apr 10, 2002
I own a 89 yz 250 and its a great bike but the forks have some major problems on one the adjuster at the bottom doesnt click anymore it just spins till the it gets hard? and both forks leak out at the very bottom and i have tightend the bottom piece to manny times is their a gasket or seal at the bottom? oh yeah the peice that the caliper bolts up to shakes when the chrome part doesn't. someone help me.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
the clicker is probably filled with junk internally servicing the forks would probably bring it back to life.

yes there is a copper gasket where the compresion stack bolts in.

if that cast piece of aluminum that holds the axle and front brake caliper is loose on the bottom of the fork tube it is no good and unsafe. I have never seen that before and I doubt there is any way to repair it that I would trust.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Sometimes the axle clamps or tube bottoms come loose dont ride it . Sometimes you can disassemble the fork and clamp the tubes and tighten or use loctite and new set screws. Soundslike your forks are very beat or a victim of terrorism. Better seek out some help .

Top Bottom