r0yal

Jul 25, 2006
Well, I finally splurged, and picked myself up a dSLR... after trying a bunch, I decided to go with the Nikon D80, and I love it ;) haha

I'm still learning on it, this is the 2nd day I had it. I'll have to get Chili to teach me some tricks ;)

here are some shots of the girlfriend

floodway.jpg

floodway6.jpg

and here is some random guy that was jumping.

floodway3.jpg

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Good to see you back rOyal, does this mean you're going to get back on the bike? And based on that photo and the one in her avatar I think I know who Randi is on TT now :)

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Just got a D80 as well, It will be a learning curve for me its my first "real" camera. They offer free classes with purchase I plan on going. Any tips for shooting action with this thing, from what little use I have had with the camera I dont think auto settings will be fast enough... :whoa:

r0yal

Jul 25, 2006
Chili said:
Good to see you back rOyal, does this mean you're going to get back on the bike? And based on that photo and the one in her avatar I think I know who Randi is on TT now :)

Well, I went out riding that day, but I had just put new grips on my bike the night before, so I took one turn, and they fell off, so I was done.. *oh well, I had just got my camera, so I was stoked to take pics anyways lol*

and ya, Randi on TT is my girlfriend :ride:

+30 said:
Any tips for shooting action with this thing, from what little use I have had with the camera I dont think auto settings will be fast enough...

Well, auto SHOULD do the trick, it should be able to set the shutter speed fast enough, slowly follow the rider with the camera while you press the button. I usually shoot in A mode, unless I'm trying to achieve a everything stopped motion, or a blur effect, then I'll play around with the shutter speed. I dont like using the auto with my lens though, I find it alot more fun, manually focusing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom