justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I ask you my friends if I should be mad. The GG 300 I sold has came up for sale. The new owner has done some work on the bike. (new jug, piston, rings, pipe silencer, front brake overhaul,subframe, rear fender) He's asking $1300 more than I sold it for, which is fine with me, he probably spent that much on parts.

What aggravates me is, his statement

"This bike had multipule owners that abused this bike to a degree that I had never seen before. In addition, very little maintenance was performed."

While be it I am not the greatest mechanic, I figure I spent so much time just trying to keep the piece of junk running that I did do maintenence on it. Besides that, how many of you worked on it? Derrick and Don tried to help on the forks, craig on the brakes, GG was about ready to hire Brian as a mechanic, Roger and Lorin had input as well as Chuck Cooper, the Dirt Werks mechanic even worked on it.

I was offered $1500 more to trade it in than I got for it when I sold it. But I was tired of being laughed at by you guys so I wanted a bike that was for sure going to run so I bought the KTM. I am on a first name basis with the owner of the best GG dealer in the nation, partly due to buying so many things for the bike.

I almost posted a warning about the bike on the site it is for sale on, but refrained.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
That bike just had baaaad karma. The type of riding you do,(brush, rocks, etc) takes the pretty off right away. You can't control what others think and say , so let it go.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Sounds to me like he's trying to shoot himself in the foot. Let's hope he sells it for more of a loss than it sounds like you sold it for!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm the one that should be mad. that guy plagiarized my ad from selling the kx80 that i got from you. :debil:

seriously, let it go.

ironic that don posted about the type of riding taking off the pretty. i was just thinking yesterday about how woods riders trash their bikes and motocrossers trash their bodies.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547
i was just thinking yesterday about how woods riders trash their bikes and motocrossers trash their bodies.
Plastics are cheap! Let it go justql, let it go.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
IMHO, the GG300 was in better shape when you SOLD it, than when you BOUGHT it.
I don't think you abused the bike, and who's opinion means more to you.... his or mine?
'Course I'm biased, I WAS planning on buying the bike if your deal with him fell through!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
funny way to advertise a bike, good luck to him in selling it. If he did put in all that he says he did, more fool him.

Justin, maybe the guy is just mad that he got a lemon of a bike, regardless of the fact that he got it at a great price.

Just be thankful you didn't sell it to one of your buddies.

I think he is just covering his arse for when he sells the bike !!!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Although I'm for being up-front when selling (maybe more than I should), especially to an acquaintance or friend, his (bitter?) words won't buy him the sympathy, let alone the inquiries he would otherwise.

Move on.

I don’t believe in talking like this, but a friend told me “you can’t stop someone from pi$$ing on his own shoes.” Eventually one’s bitterness comes out in one shape or another.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
to be perfectly honest.................i dont think you got to ride it enough to abuse it. i think the BIKE could be accused of abusing YOU though. the bike was pretty used before you got if memory serves me correct. hey, its not like you gouged him before letting him buy your bike. one more thing take the high road and contact him to give him the stuff that you couldnt mail him earlier. some people are really anal about MAINTENANCE. just ask grady about the previous owner of his new ktm sx520. that guy was a freak.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks for the replies, I have calmed down since I read it. I am very upfront about the bikes I sell, Jay and Gene have both bought from me. I think I was very honest with them. If I don't know the answer I tell them. I was VERY honest about the GG. I spent 3400 on it added over $1000 in parts, owned it a little over a year and sold it for $2100.............This experience ddi make me go to the garage and tinker on the KTM (I straightened the front end ;) )

Top Bottom