tlc789

Nov 25, 2012
Hey im new to this site. im 15 and have a kx250f. Ive been riding since i turned 8. i mostly do trails rarely do tracks. i need a bike i can ride thats trail legal so i have to sell my bike. i was interested in getting a 450 rather than another 250. do you think that would be ok since im mostly on trails. Im 5'10" about 135 140 pounds. I think i would be able to handle the bike. let me know what you all think. Thanks.

MxRed

Oct 11, 2012
The funny thing is that I am also 15 140 lbs and 5-11. But I would recommend a 450 because they are better on top end speed than a 250, which is an ideal advantage for trail riding. Basically just more power all-in-all so I would recommend a 450 Definitely!

cr600

Nov 29, 2012
i agree with mxred that a 450 would be the best way to go . Simply because of the power and torque needed to chug in those tight places. Also you will eventually get tired of that weak 250. haha

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But I would recommend a 450 because they are better on top end speed than a 250, which is an ideal advantage for trail riding.

I'd like to hear a little more about this. What part of the country are these "trails" in? Nevada? "Trails" & "Top End Speed" are rarely used in the same discussion.

It really does depend on the area of the country, trails are vastly different on the east coast than the west for example.

Short of desert "trails", give me a light, nimble 250 stroke please.

MxRed

Oct 11, 2012
Okiewan said:
I'd like to hear a little more about this. What part of the country are these "trails" in? Nevada? "Trails" & "Top End Speed" are rarely used in the same discussion.

It really does depend on the area of the country, trails are vastly different on the east coast than the west for example.

Short of desert "trails", give me a light, nimble 250 stroke please.
Alright :nod: thanks for the correction :cool:

Top Bottom